Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Trades & Deals
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1837Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th October 2011, 12:40 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Amazon are not honouring their pricing for Fight Club. This is the email I had from them:

Quote:
Dear Customer

We are writing to inform you that the price for the item

Fight Club [Blu-ray] [1999] - Asin: B002LE87R6

was displayed incorrectly at the time you placed the above referenced order.

Despite our best efforts, with the millions of items available on our website,
pricing errors can occasionally occur.

In our Pricing and Availability Policy we state that where an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we contact the customer before dispatching.

All affected orders have now been cancelled. If you still wish to purchase this
item, please place a new order online as from tomorrow, which will be charged at the correct price, when we dispatch it to you.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this error, and rest assured that we will continue to make every effort to maintain the accuracy of all prices on our site.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk
I'm not at all hopeful now that Silent Running will be honoured either.

Did anyone actually get Fight Club at that low price? If so, why are they picking and choosing who gets it and who doesn't?
Old 20th October 2011, 12:58 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Amazon are not honouring their pricing for Fight Club. This is the email I had from them:

I'm not at all hopeful now that Silent Running will be honoured either.

Did anyone actually get Fight Club at that low price? If so, why are they picking and choosing who gets it and who doesn't?
I got mine for £2.97

Did you order more then one copy?
People who ordered multiple copies got cancellation emails but now I tnink they put a limit to the number of customers who get it at that price.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 20th October 2011, 01:29 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I ordered just the one copy. They sent me an email at the start of the week, apologising for the delay and that they were awaiting stock. They promised to send the BD out by the 23rd October. So, all's good, I thought. Then this evening I had that email, telling me the order was cancelled.

Well, no use moaning about it, I suppose. Just wanted to give people the heads up that Amazon might not honour their orders and that the Silent Running orders might not be honoured either.

I'm still baffled as to why some people got theirs at the cheap price and others haven't. Fairness would have been to either honour all orders or cancel all orders. Seems like not all customers are treated the same at Amazon. And I've emailed them to tell them as such. It's not the fact that they've cancelled my order that's pissed me off, I always figured that was a possibility, it's the fact that they're not treating all customers equally. It's grossly inconsistent.
Old 20th October 2011, 06:15 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I got mine. my guess is that once the initial stock was depleted, any orders over that were not honoured.

as for Masters of Cinema, they're currently in the process of rereleasing the whole collection as dual format, so the original BD only releases are OOP. this has led to silly overrated prices, but to be honest, you'd be a very silly billy to pay more than £20 for one. the only unconfirmed reissue is Soul Power.
oaxaca likes this.
Old 20th October 2011, 11:02 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
as for Masters of Cinema, they're currently in the process of rereleasing the whole collection as dual format, so the original BD only releases are OOP. this has led to silly overrated prices, but to be honest, you'd be a very silly billy to pay more than £20 for one. the only unconfirmed reissue is Soul Power.
That's good to hear. I never understood the appeal of Dual/Tripe/Super releases, they just seem redundant to me. However, anything that means I'm paying less than 6x a reasonable price is a pro for me.
Old 20th October 2011, 11:19 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Went to the HMV Trocadero today and bought (don't laugh) Sucker Punch and Moonraker; a band name if ever I heard one
Old 20th October 2011, 11:36 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
That's good to hear. I never understood the appeal of Dual/Tripe/Super releases, they just seem redundant to me. However, anything that means I'm paying less than 6x a reasonable price is a pro for me.
I get it for MoC/BFI etc as it saves them doing a separate DVD release for their substantial DVD only audience, and I get it for kids films, because kids can ruin the DVD copy I don't get it for titles like Inception etc, because they do a DVD release anyway!
Old 20th October 2011, 12:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I ordered just the one copy. They sent me an email at the start of the week, apologising for the delay and that they were awaiting stock. They promised to send the BD out by the 23rd October. So, all's good, I thought. Then this evening I had that email, telling me the order was cancelled.

Well, no use moaning about it, I suppose. Just wanted to give people the heads up that Amazon might not honour their orders and that the Silent Running orders might not be honoured either.

I'm still baffled as to why some people got theirs at the cheap price and others haven't. Fairness would have been to either honour all orders or cancel all orders. Seems like not all customers are treated the same at Amazon. And I've emailed them to tell them as such. It's not the fact that they've cancelled my order that's pissed me off, I always figured that was a possibility, it's the fact that they're not treating all customers equally. It's grossly inconsistent.
some people over on BR forums contacted Amazon using the online chat feature and complained and they got voucher to make up the difference so ended up with the blu for £2.97 anyway.

Try that cant hurt.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 20th October 2011, 12:55 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
I get it for MoC/BFI etc as it saves them doing a separate DVD release for their substantial DVD only audience, and I get it for kids films, because kids can ruin the DVD copy I don't get it for titles like Inception etc, because they do a DVD release anyway!
I understand the theory. Throw in the DVD so anyone who's on the fence or intending to go Blu later can buy it now. All part of the ongoing drive to get people to move forward. Not sure how well it's working though.
Old 20th October 2011, 02:33 PM
Cultist

Quote:
I mean more along the lines of consumer appeal. As a publisher I see how it makes sense, but as for your Inception example, or Thor which seems to have a "Super Play" edition which is DVD + BD + Digital + 3DBD. It makes no sense to me for a person to buy this. A BD + 3DBD maybe, as no doubt if 3D does manage to take off it'd be nice to have them ready, but with a DVD and Digital thrown in as well? I just can't see why someone would want 4 copies of the same film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!