Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Roughale 28th October 2011 01:57 PM

I see no reason to complain about amazon pulling this off, this is the 4th forum I read about this, so in the times of the internet and the fast spreading of such mis-priced items, I think it is a fair move...

Prince_Vajda 28th October 2011 02:16 PM

This really was a very obvious mispricing. It's absolutely understandable that Amazon aren't accepting so many cheap pre-orders.

With Amazon's huge range of products, mistakes like that are simply not avoidable!

Greetings!

pedromonkey 28th October 2011 02:42 PM

not really surprised at them not honouring the pre-order, it's understandable. and like Wayfarer said, they're still the best online retailer for me...

oaxaca 28th October 2011 04:25 PM

I just got the same email! I think amazon would be even better if they were with quidco and gave cashback like every other online retailer does. This really puts me off using amazon. 9 times out of 10 zavvi is cheaper too nowadays

monkeyscreams 28th October 2011 06:01 PM

My order of Silent Running was also canceled. But I ordered the steelbook blu anyway, at 12.89 that seems a good price.

monkeyscreams 28th October 2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 193568)
9 times out of 10 zavvi is cheaper too nowadays

Maybe true, I don't know. But Silent Running Steelbox is 19.95 at Zavvi, and 12.99 at amazon.co.uk

oaxaca 28th October 2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyscreams (Post 193604)
Maybe true, I don't know. But Silent Running Steelbox is 19.95 at Zavvi, and 12.99 at amazon.co.uk

That's certainly something in Amazon's favour !!( I've also ordered that steelbook from amazon). To be fair I think I'd like to reduce that statistic to 7 times out of 10 :p Its just seemingly all the BDs I've bought lately have been from zavvi as they were the cheapest when I did a price comparison.

the blob 28th October 2011 08:55 PM

I got my cancellation email too. I've already called them and informed them I'll be taking it to the European Court of Human Rights.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th October 2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 193439)
Damn it! Just got my email from Amazon regarding Silent Running. I knew what it was even before reading it.

BASTARDDDSSSS! :lol:

Daemonia 29th October 2011 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 193665)
I got my cancellation email too. I've already called them and informed them I'll be taking it to the European Court of Human Rights.

I've gone one better than that. I've lodged an official complaint with God. I fully expect Amazon to be struck by lightning.