Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Rik 20th November 2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 199062)
Hmmmmm some people on blu-ray.com who ordered Silent Running at the full price before the £3.99 fiasco have said they have been reimbursed £10 because of Amazon's price guarantee i.e the price dropped after they ordered it. If this is true, Amazon have a f*****g cheek!!!!

That is a proper joke, losing faith in them, they used to be a great company

"They all float down here, they allll floaaaattt!!!"

dream demon 20th November 2011 08:07 PM

'Tis a kick in the teeth, no doubt. I find they are getting less and less of my money these days, not least because of their lousy cheapskate packaging that they insist on using. I refuse to buy digi-packs and boxsets from them now as just too many have been crushed on arrival, and when I ring them to complain they just don't give a sh*t. :mmph: Never had any problems with companies like Base, so I find they are my first port of call these days.

antmumford 20th November 2011 08:51 PM

I've decided to treat myself to a Christmas present and you all may wish to do the same. Videodrome is only £7.95 for now and tomorrow only as part of Zavvi's Mega Monday sale. Preorder bargain I'd say.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Refused 20th November 2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 199088)
I've decided to treat myself to a Christmas present and you all may wish to do the same. Videodrome is only £7.95 for now and tomorrow only as part of Zavvi's Mega Monday sale. Preorder bargain I'd say.

Ordered earlier today, never seen it before so I'm pretty excite.

antmumford 20th November 2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 199089)
Ordered earlier today, never seen it before so I'm pretty excite.

Me neither but heard great things, can't wait.

Paul@TheOverlook 20th November 2011 09:43 PM

Videodrome is amazing. Definitely one of Cronenberg's best and one of the greatest horror films of the 1980s.

Rik 20th November 2011 09:48 PM

Just pre-ordered it myself, well spotted Ant, it's been a long time since I've seen this but from what I remember, you're both in for a treat! :woot:

dream demon 20th November 2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 199088)

Well spotted - at that price I just couldn't say no. It is indeed a classic, and haven't seen it since it was shown on the BBC's Moviedrome so it's well overdue another viewing!

Rik 20th November 2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 199099)
Well spotted - at that price I just couldn't say no. It is indeed a classic, and haven't seen it since it was shown on the BBC's Moviedrome so it's well overdue another viewing!

I think that was the last time I saw it too, must have been 15 years ago

nekromantik 20th November 2011 10:48 PM

i love videodrome.
the criterion blu looks stunning