Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

dream demon 28th November 2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 199034)
Just bought the Dr. Strangelove, Poltergeist, and The Exorcist digibooks, which including shipping saves £15 over the Amazon.co.uk price.

I've pre-ordered the Raro Video boxset which by my calculations comes to less than £5 per film at the current exchange rate. Bargain! :dance:

Just received my parcel from Amazon and .... I'm absolutely livid. All three discs were just rattling around inside one big box, and although Dr Strangelove and Dirty Harry just about escaped unharmed, The Exorcist is absolutely battered. :mad2: In fact, I have a sneaking suspicion that it has been resealed (the shrink wrap just doesn't look 'factory' too me).

Does anyone have any experience with Amazon.com complaints. What are the odds of getting a replacement?

And do you know what the final insult was? £18 customs and handling from DHL. Would have been cheaper to buy from Amazon.co.uk marketplace. That was one expensive lesson I just learned. :mmph:

the blob 29th November 2011 01:41 AM

I've never had anything wrong with any of the Amazons yet luckily but from what I gather, their service is good when it comes to faulty goods. Take some pics and email contact them. I've heard in some cases with international orders they haven't even bothered asking for a return as its probably not worth them paying the costs.

Bad luck about the customs charges. You have to order separately or go expedited with customs charges in advance for an order over £15 to be safe.

bigandya 3rd December 2011 10:13 AM

Amazon have the Complete Star Wars Blu Ray set for £48 as part of their 12 Days of Christmas sale.

nekromantik 3rd December 2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigandya (Post 201512)
Amazon have the Complete Star Wars Blu Ray set for £48 as part of their 12 Days of Christmas sale.

I suspect this will drop on Boxing day.
I not a fan but my dad is so told him to wait :lol:

bigandya 3rd December 2011 05:52 PM

£49 instore in HMV too ;)

PaulD 3rd December 2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigandya (Post 201578)
£49 instore in HMV too ;)

Bloody hell, that is a surprise!

the blob 3rd December 2011 06:18 PM

Good price but I'm not in any rush for them. Historically, Fox don't really discount Star Wars much so I probably can't see it getting a lot better.

Splatterdragon73 4th December 2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 201552)
I suspect this will drop on Boxing Day.
I not a fan but my dad is so told him to wait.:lol:

I'm holding my horses too until the SW BR box set comes down even further than £49. I'm hoping about £30 or better yet £17 like the Alien Anthology.

That's Entertainment in Gateshead's The Metro Centre currently have a £3 each or two for a fiver promo going on with brand new BRs at the mo featuring the likes of Batman And Robin, Batman Forever, The Omega Man and Awaydays. Yours truly snapped up TOM yesterday as i'm quite content to own the other three titles on DVD.:)

PaulD 4th December 2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 201668)
That's Entertainment in Gateshead's The Metro Centre currently have a £3 each or two for a fiver promo going on with brand new BRs at the mo featuring the likes of Batman And Robin, Batman Forever, The Omega Man and Awaydays. Yours truly snapped up TOM yesterday as i'm quite content to own the other three titles on DVD.:)

Yeah, I picked up The Omega Man a while back from there. Don't suppose you can remember what else they had in that offer do you?

Splatterdragon73 6th December 2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 201767)
Don't suppose you can remember what else they had in that offer do you?

Sorry but nothing else springs to mind bar both the aforementioned Batman outings and Awaydays.:)