Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd November 2010 01:09 PM

Blu-ray Bargain Alerts
 
Thought we could do with this, as there are some surprisingly cheap Blu's out there at the moment.

If you spot a bargain - post it here!

- The Host - 5.93 (Amazon UK)
- Seven - 7.99 (Amazon UK)
- The Texas Chain Saw Massacre - 5.99 (Amazon UK)

nekromantik 22nd November 2010 01:11 PM

Its black friday week on amazon uk so keep your eyes on the website!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd November 2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 113688)
Its black friday week on amazon uk so keep your eyes on the website!

I've been looking today - nothing exciting at the moment, unfortunately.

I was quite geared up for this, but it's looking like a bit of an anti-climax at the moment (just check the 'Upcoming' section...). Hopefully, as the week goes on, the quality (and quantity) of the deals will improve.

the blob 22nd November 2010 02:05 PM

Great price for Seven that. I'm debating it. Spent way too much this month and then the Arrow onslaught next month, haha! Seeing as I wouldn't be able to watch it for a bit I figure it'll turn up at a decent price again sometime.

nekromantik 22nd November 2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 113692)
I've been looking today - nothing exciting at the moment, unfortunately.

I was quite geared up for this, but it's looking like a bit of an anti-climax at the moment (just check the 'Upcoming' section...). Hopefully, as the week goes on, the quality (and quantity) of the deals will improve.

yup it dont seem as good as the US one.
US one is a bit pointless for those not in the US as there are some good deals but they end up being same price as UK after shipping.

the blob 22nd November 2010 07:05 PM

Last years Amazon US black friday deals ended up costing me about $500 with their PS3 deal and other stuff. :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd November 2010 08:29 PM

Good idea B.E. :nod:

bdc 22nd November 2010 08:51 PM

Gamera: Guardian of Universe & Gamera: Attack of the Legion [Blu-ray] Region Free
Amazon.com

wayfarer 23rd November 2010 10:36 AM

The Potters 1-6 are on BR for 25, on Amazon.co.uk, if you're into that kind of thing.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd November 2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 113881)
The Potters 1-6 are on BR for 25, on Amazon.co.uk, if you're into that kind of thing.

It was on the Black Friday Deals yesterday at 15.87 too. ;)

wayfarer 23rd November 2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 113888)
It was on the Black Friday Deals yesterday at 15.87 too. ;)

Bugger! Jokes aside, I ordered the set for my wife on Saturday.:(:censored:

oaxaca 23rd November 2010 05:23 PM

HMV online are doing v good offers on e.g. evil dead 3, sleepy hollow, north by northwest, beowulf & grendel, skeleton key, etc.... Their prices are not so good with the Arrow titles or ITV/BFI blu rays though

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd November 2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 113895)
Bugger! Jokes aside, I ordered the set for my wife on Saturday.:(:censored:

:(

It's always the way - you think you're getting a bargain, then a better deal comes along just after you've bought it... :rolleyes:

pedromonkey 23rd November 2010 07:36 PM

amazon have T2: Skynet Edition on blu for 4.99, just ordered one.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd November 2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 113922)
amazon have T2: Skynet Edition on blu for 4.99, just ordered one.

That's a very nice price. Wish the steelbook version of that one had stuck around for a bit longer, though. Regret not picking it up when it was first released... :ohwell:

nekromantik 23rd November 2010 09:20 PM

The Skynet release has DNR so is not the best version of T2.
The original bare bones UK Blu had better picture qulaity then the Skynet version.
The best version atm is the Japnese but you wont get it for less then 25.

pedromonkey 23rd November 2010 10:31 PM

the bare bones was 6.00 and this was 4.99 so went with the cheapest...

nekromantik 24th November 2010 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 113959)
the bare bones was 6.00 and this was 4.99 so went with the cheapest...

ah fair play
:)

antmumford 24th November 2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 113926)
That's a very nice price. Wish the steelbook version of that one had stuck around for a bit longer, though. Regret not picking it up when it was first released... :ohwell:

There's still a copy of the Steelbook version in my local HMV. Want me to go check out the price for you? I can always pick it up for you if you'd like it.

wayfarer 24th November 2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 113908)
:(

It's always the way - you think you're getting a bargain, then a better deal comes along just after you've bought it... :rolleyes:

I feel better about after learning that the deal went in seconds. At one point the BR set was going for as little as 13!:eek:

I find all this Black Friday stuff a little weird as I've only ever experienced it whilst on vacation in the US. After Thanksgiving, the stores are crazy with bargains.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th November 2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 113988)
There's still a copy of the Steelbook version in my local HMV. Want me to go check out the price for you? I can always pick it up for you if you'd like it.

After reading what nekro wrote about the DNR, I'm now glad that I didn't pick it up! :eek:

Thank you very much though ant. :)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th November 2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 113990)
I feel better about after learning that the deal went in seconds. At one point the BR set was going for as little as 13!:eek:

I find all this Black Friday stuff a little weird as I've only ever experienced it whilst on vacation in the US. After Thanksgiving, the stores are crazy with bargains.

Yeah... these Black Friday deals on Amazon UK seem a bit weak, from what I've seen so far.

Also many things that have apparently 'sold out', are listed again the next day... :loco:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th November 2010 01:06 PM

November Blu-Ray offers from Eureka!

wayfarer 24th November 2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 114023)
Yeah... these Black Friday deals on Amazon UK seem a bit weak, from what I've seen so far.

Also many things that have apparently 'sold out', are listed again the next day... :loco:



I tried to get Fringe Season 2 on BR for 20, at 1100 today. I clicked the add to cart button, got the "you're in a queue" message, went to a meeting quarter of an hour later and when I returned the offer had expired. Frustrating but I'll look for it again.

the blob 25th November 2010 09:32 PM

I really do need some help! So after grinding my teeth and stopping myself from buying Se7en for 7.99 the other day, I just bought the US digibook on ebay. :rolleyes:

Now listen, there's a reason! The UK slipcase is quite nice but, for a film of it's calibre, I've always hated that boring as shit poster of the two faces. Makes me cringe when i look at it because it's so bland. It was half the reason for me not buying the 7.99 one. Good news is that I got the digibook for less than a tenner inc postage. :lol:

Anyway, to stay remotely on topic, don't forget the Play 2 for 18 deal which still has ANOES in it along with some other good stuff...

Blu-ray - Get 2 Blu-ray Titles For Just £18! - Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery

bdc 25th November 2010 10:08 PM

Amazon.co.uk: DVD & Blu-ray: Blu-ray Blitz Two Blu-ray Titles for 12

oaxaca 26th November 2010 02:14 PM

Amazon have 2 copies of the BFI-released 'The Innocents' - classic horror film with Deborah Kerr, based on M.R. James' The Turn of the Screw). They are classed as 'used' but apparently have just got their shrink wrap missing. They are sold by 'warehouse deals uk' , but the order is fulfilled by Amazon so free postage!

Amazon.co.uk: Used and New: The Innocents (Blu-ray) [1961]

10.13! Cheapest I've ever seen it on Blu...I've just ordered myself one of the copies. The picture is meant to be absolutely stunning!

DVD Outsider: The Innocents Blu-ray review

bdc 26th November 2010 02:48 PM

Can be copies returned by people who had trouble with it on their player.
I also returned mine.
Some players have pixellation issues with this disc.

"The Innocents blu Update:
apparently there are pixellation issues with some LG and Phillips and some newer Sony models.
Add JVC XV-BP1."

A firmware update could possibly fix this...

the blob 26th November 2010 08:15 PM

Strangely enough, even though it's only a pre-order, Once Upon A Time In America is now in the Play 2 for 18 deal. 13.99 normal price.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th November 2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 114354)
Strangely enough, even though it's only a pre-order, Once Upon A Time In America is now in the Play 2 for 18 deal. 13.99 normal price.

I find Play do that a lot with their pre-order titles. I suppose it's their way of outdoing the other big online stores by snagging pre-orders sales.

nekromantik 27th November 2010 01:34 PM

Crazies remake bluray is 6.24 new from Play.com sellers for anyone interested.
I not sure if I should get or wait for post xmas sales.

brain dead 3rd December 2010 10:33 AM

Embodiment Of Evil [Blu-ray] [2008] [2009]: Amazon.co.uk: Jose Mojica Marins: DVD
3.99

sam-glasgore 3rd December 2010 05:37 PM

This is well worth the price, if you like this please subscribe:

YouTube - Blu-Ray Review - Spirits of the Dead

bdc 14th December 2010 07:33 PM

Alien Anthology [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Sigourney Weaver, Ridley Scott: DVD

wayfarer 15th December 2010 12:05 PM


Thanks for that! I swear the set was 29.99 on Monday night.:shocked:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th December 2010 12:33 PM

Need to pick this up... I might end up getting it for Christmas though!

brain dead 15th December 2010 01:36 PM

a trio of Arnie, 7.99
Schwarzenegger Collection Total Recall/Red Heat/Raw Deal Blu-ray: Amazon.co.uk: DVD
all three are 7.99 or above individually.

kingofwitches666 17th December 2010 04:16 AM

JCVD [Blu-ray] [2008]: Amazon.co.uk: DVD

3.99

brain dead 23rd December 2010 01:49 PM

If you haven't yet picked them up, amazon has
http://www.amazon.co.uk/City-Living-...xgy_d_h__img_c
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dawn-Dead-Bl...xgy_d_h__img_b
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Day-Dead-Blu...xgy_d_h__img_b
for 10.99

Edit: For some reason the links aren't working. They're supposed to be for Day and Dawn of the Dead and City of the Living Dead
Edit again: Working now.
EDit again...
Caligula, too...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Caligula-Blu...D74VRPDADHKP02

oaxaca 23rd December 2010 07:06 PM

I picked up PSYCHO 50th anniversary steelbook from CEX for 12 (obviously second hand but still a bargain). They have it on their website but not currently avaialble to buy online (only available in the Oldham and Sunderland stores) but I would recommend you keep checking back, I'm sure it will soon be available to buy online again.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.