All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree366Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th September 2008, 03:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
Went into Poundland today to have a quick look at those Hard Gore titles. Unfotunatley (Like pretty much everywhere else in Leeds) they didn't have a great selection. I ended up getting Jess Franco's 'Cannibals', 'Ghoul School', 'Thirst' and 'The Zombie Chronicles'. Wasn't much else really as I have 'Deep River Savages' already. Not bad for a pound though. I might have to keep checking, see if they get any more titles in as there's a couple I wouldn't mind getting hold of.
Best of luck with zombie chronicles mate...your gonna need it!
Old 10th September 2008, 05:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

That bad huh ? Oh well, I'll give it a shot. It does look pretty terrible from the cover.
Old 10th September 2008, 07:18 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Wouldn't wipe my arse with it Hal,in other words,shite!
Old 10th September 2008, 08:36 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Bloody hell, I'm glad I only paid a quid for this and I haven't even seen it yet. Cheers for the heads up guys, maybe I'll put this one off for a bit. LOL.
Old 11th September 2008, 10:11 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

iluvdvds uses X Box 360 and its unhackable. R2, R0 and ntsc 0 only.

BTW iluv's, Nightmare is cut if its the UK version.
Old 11th September 2008, 12:36 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Good old Poundland

Getting the Halloween stock in early!!
Old 11th September 2008, 01:56 PM
Ex-member

Poundland southend not 1 horror film in the whole shop.Southend has the worst shops in england HMV about 12 very overpriced horror dvds virgin or what ever its called is awful didnt see 1 horror film not made in the last 4 years, Southend is a massive fail
Old 11th September 2008, 03:28 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

HMV in Belfast have the better selection of horror movies, though alot of them are the more mainstream type, but they do cater for the more cult movie fan better than Zavvi.

Recent bargains - Shriek Collection, ?5 , Box of the Banned 2 ?25 , Tenabrae ?5 and NOTLD, two different releases, one 15 cert, one 18 cert ?5. VIPCO double header Suicide/Dungeon, ?5 and Cannibal Apocalyspe , ?7.

Shamesless, Redemption, and new releases, ?13 to ?18. VIPCO Vaults 20 quid.

The small Zavvi have a small selection as does the main Zavvi, but thery're mainly more comerical type horror.
Not much bargains.
Shamesless, ?13.99, though they did have the Burning for a tenner and ABUK LHOTL single disc foe 3 quid.
Old 11th September 2008, 03:36 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Seems I didn't check poudland very well yesterday as I went back in today after one of my mates told me that they actually had a big display at the back of the shop with all the Hard Gore titles on. Ended up Picking up another 11 today Don't know when the hell I'm gonna get round to watching them but figured I might as well get them while their going for a pound each.

Zavvi in Leeds is terrible. When it was Virgin the horror section was fairly decent but now it's one stand with a bunch of 'MTV' horrors (if you know what I mean). Last time I went in there was one copy of Killer Nun, no other Shameless titles.

HMV used to be a lot better but it's realy going down hill at the moment, the horror section seems to shrink every time I go in
Old 11th September 2008, 03:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I had a look in the Wednesbury branch of Poundland yesterday. Some good stuff but most of which have better releases on R1, the Harry Novak films for example (The Child/Hitchhike To Hell) are out on SE's via Something Weird. The rest look REALLY bad like Ghoul School and Butchered etc.

HMV is quite poor now yeah. Overpriced and lacking in choice. I used to love going into the city centre to visit Music Zone who were far better than HMV and Zavvi, were cheap and had a good choice but sadly they went out of business .
I do find the odd few bargains in Zavvi and HMV but most of my shopping is done elsewhere now.

Like this? Share it using the links below!