Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Trades & Deals

Like Tree366Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th September 2008, 03:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default DVD Sales/Bargains

Yowza! Time to have our very own sales/bargains thread.

First up PoundLand have a stack of Hardgore titles. I already own a lot of them but did pick up VAMPIRE KILLER BARBYS today. I might also get VAMPIRES VS. ZOMBIES too next time I visit.

Anyroad, titles include;

Cannibals
Hitch-Hike To Hell
Deep River Savages
Aenigma

and tons more.

Last edited by cloud; 9th September 2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 9th September 2008, 03:55 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Oooooh! I'll def have to check that out - especially Deep River Savages!
Old 9th September 2008, 04:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just be warned though that DRS is cut. It's available on R1 fully uncut as Man From The Deep River.
Old 9th September 2008, 05:09 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

All those titles are a fiver in Belfast HMV. We dont have a Pound Land over here.

Clouds right iluv's, DRS is cut of all animal violence, but everything else is intact.

Fulci's Cat in the Brain is also in that range and its uncut. ( Well worth buying ) Last Cannibal World is also in the HG range but its cut of animal violence and the rape scene. Not sure if thats all the cuts.
For full list, go to HMV Online and type in ' Shriek Collection ' and you'll get all the old Hardgore titles and artwork. ( Shriek Collection use HG's artwork as well as the same film print )
Old 9th September 2008, 06:03 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Hi!

As for DRS being cut - thats toughe cookies for me as they say, since I still am region-free-dvd-player-less So it'll have to do.

As for the Cat in the Brain and Last Cannibal World - I own both of them (Shriek) and love them both - Even though i know LCW is cut a lot - I thought it was really disturbing still (maybe AS disturbing as the CUT version of CH) - especially the torture scenes and there were a few scenes a animal cruelty left in. As for the rape being cut - it made the film seem so stupid! One minute the guy kidnaps a native, thumps her unconsious and next thing thier best of friends. At least with the rape scene in it makes more sense. Right? lol!

Oh, yeah! I've also got Nightmares In A Damaged Brain on the Shriek collection DVD too. Not as gd as the other too, but an ok video nasty IMO.

Old 9th September 2008, 06:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Off topic, but iluvdvds what make and model number is your dvd player? You should be able to make it region free. Let me know.
Old 9th September 2008, 07:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

You definitely need to invest in a multi-region player iluvdvds. I couldn't live without mine. Do you have a PS2? If so you can buy a disc for that which will allow you to watch any R1 disc. That's what I did before I bought a proper player.

More bargains and this is a big'un. Play, Amazon and HMV etc are selling BFI titles for ?7.99 each at the moment. I've got me eye on Dickens: Before Sound and The Innocents.
Old 9th September 2008, 07:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
You definitely need to invest in a multi-region player iluvdvds. I couldn't live without mine. Do you have a PS2? If so you can buy a disc for that which will allow you to watch any R1 disc. That's what I did before I bought a proper player.

More bargains and this is a big'un. Play, Amazon and HMV etc are selling BFI titles for ?7.99 each at the moment. I've got me eye on Dickens: Before Sound and The Innocents.
Nice one cloud,the innocents for ?7.99. I'll get me coat.

By the way,avoid vamps vs zoms like the plague,it is one of the worst films i've sat through.Not THE worst(that honour goes to hip hop locos.),but one of the worst. You have been warned!!
Old 9th September 2008, 07:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Hah, I read D'Amato on the back and thought he might have been related to Joe . I've got enough crap in my collection so I may well give that a go. I'm hoping they get The Intruder, Cat In The Brain and Turkey Shoot in soon and I'll buy them in a heartbeat. I was gonna buy the R1 of Turkey Shoot but for a quid in an uncut print then you really can't lose.

Have a look through the list of those BFI titles, they've got loads. Admittedly most don't really appeal to me but there are a few that are must haves. It's rare BFI ever put their discs in a sale.
Old 10th September 2008, 02:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Went into Poundland today to have a quick look at those Hard Gore titles. Unfotunatley (Like pretty much everywhere else in Leeds) they didn't have a great selection. I ended up getting Jess Franco's 'Cannibals', 'Ghoul School', 'Thirst' and 'The Zombie Chronicles'. Wasn't much else really as I have 'Deep River Savages' already. Not bad for a pound though. I might have to keep checking, see if they get any more titles in as there's a couple I wouldn't mind getting hold of.

Like this? Share it using the links below!