Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Trades & Deals
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree500Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2012, 12:59 PM
Cultist

dont buy the LETHAL WEAPON discs....they are all ****ed........they stop an lots of points, freeze, then the dvd player stops the disc
Old 11th January 2012, 10:18 AM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I picked up a book about the making of Rush Hour 1 2 & 3 for a quid at Poundland. Not actually quite sure why I got it, but it did inspire me to watch Rush Hour again last night and I quite enjoyed it, the fights should be a bit longer though.
Old 11th January 2012, 12:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
I picked up a book about the making of Rush Hour 1 2 & 3 for a quid at Poundland. Not actually quite sure why I got it, but it did inspire me to watch Rush Hour again last night and I quite enjoyed it, the fights should be a bit longer though.
I bought that too, anything Jackie Chan I'll buy for my collection anyway. I'm sad like that

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 11th January 2012, 05:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Human Traffic and Manderlay today. Nothing very exciting, but I thought I'd get them.
Old 12th January 2012, 10:54 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten View Post
dont buy the LETHAL WEAPON discs....they are all ****ed........they stop an lots of points, freeze, then the dvd player stops the disc
Because their refurbed discs! The process is not 100% guaranteed. Some companies are buying up damaged stock from places like Blockbusters, where the discs have been through the hands of morons who treat them like beer mats (basically scratched to hell.) The top layer of the disc is removed and the films are sold on at a profit. Thing is this does not always mean the film is going to play.
Rotten likes this.
Old 14th January 2012, 05:04 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Because their refurbed discs! The process is not 100% guaranteed. Some companies are buying up damaged stock from places like Blockbusters, where the discs have been through the hands of morons who treat them like beer mats (basically scratched to hell.) The top layer of the disc is removed and the films are sold on at a profit. Thing is this does not always mean the film is going to play.
Thanks Keirarts, didnt know that, Very interesting, I WONT be buying from there again.
Old 14th January 2012, 07:22 AM
Cultist

I've never noticed referbs in there?! ...but not seen Lethal Weapon in my local yet either. For a quid, I'll chance it.
Old 14th January 2012, 12:24 PM
Cult Addict

The refurbs will play a lot of the time, not all. And its worth noting not everything poundland sells is refurb, the boulevard entertainment stuff probably isnt but some of the bigger hollywood titles are, a few in my poundland were stickered as such!
Old 14th January 2012, 03:38 PM
Cultist

These were not stickered, i already have the dvd in storage, but i thought for a quid it was a bargain.......turns out i was wrong! wish i'd kept the receipt so i could take it back, but hey.....life goes on.
Old 25th January 2012, 09:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Bought my first DVD from the Poundland in ages - Stephen King's Needful Things with Max Van Sydow and Ed Harris

Like this? Share it using the links below!