Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Twilight Zone (1960s) Season One In-Depth Episode Guide (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Season 1, Episode 7: The Lonely (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/twilight-zone-1960s-season-one-depth-episode-guide/4918-season-1-episode-7-lonely.html)

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 11th March 2011 02:37 PM

Season 1, Episode 7: The Lonely

Season 1, Episode 7: The Lonely

Airdate: 13/11/59
Writer: Rod Serling
Director: Jack Smight
Starring: Jack Warden, John Dehner

James Corry is marooned alone on an asteroid millions of miles from earth; a cruel imprisonment for a murder he claims was self defence. A sympathetic supply ship captain brings him a gift to help to ease his loneliness.

Post your thoughts, reviews and comments about the episode and/or BD & DVD release for Escape Clause here!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th March 2011 07:26 PM

Reading all these makes me yearn to sit and watch them all again!
Perfect for a Sunday viewing!
Roll on April!

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 12th March 2011 01:48 PM

I'm currently working my way through season 1 for my podcast, and so far (I'm up to episode 12 I think) I think this may very well be my favourite of the season. Such an epic setting and Jack Warden gives a great intense performance.

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th March 2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGGPodcast (Post 135017)
I'm currently working my way through season 1 for my podcast, and so far (I'm up to episode 12 I think) I think this may very well be my favourite of the season. Such an epic setting and Jack Warden gives a great intense performance.

I'll second that. Jack warden is always a joy to watch. I think if I was isolated like that, I would have went mad after a weeks of being alone.

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 15th March 2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 135499)
I'll second that. Jack warden is always a joy to watch. I think if I was isolated like that, I would have went mad after a weeks of being alone.

Absolutely. I think I'd have been a lot more welcoming of the fembot personally!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th March 2011 09:13 PM

Right time to reboot with this episode.
Mannequins?

Always good for a bit of eerieness!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st March 2011 11:38 PM

Very enjoyable this one,and the sense of solitude is amazing.

I think this one could have been an influence on Crichton's WESTWORLD.:nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th April 2011 04:01 PM

Rod Sterling really comes up with some nightmarish situations and, being completely alone on an asteroid for months on end, is one of them. I really felt for the main character at the beginning and the end which is why this one works so well.

PaulD 22nd September 2011 02:03 PM

Watched this again the other night and, along with The Monsters are Due on Maple Street this is one of my favourites from this season. There's just something about the atmosphere I love, especially the look of the asteroid and the awful sense of loneliness that pervades the episode. It's one of those episodes I watch and enjoy, then try to think of it in the context of being screened in 1959 and it just seems all the more brilliant (if that makes sense!)

Bringer Of Funerals 7th August 2012 06:10 PM

I must be the only person who didnt like this 1 as much the episodes ive seen so far. I thought it dragged a bit and I did like the acting all round I just thought it dragged a bit