Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The Original 1960s Show > Twilight Zone (1960s) Season One In-Depth Episode Guide
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th June 2011, 12:39 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It is this episode I rewatch the most, I reckon. There is some make-up design that is rather dated and unintentionally comical, but even this doesn't kill the power of the episode.

Superb writing. Great stuff.
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:58 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
It is this episode I rewatch the most, I reckon. There is some make-up design that is rather dated and unintentionally comical, but even this doesn't kill the power of the episode.

Superb writing. Great stuff.
Agree 100%. Having not seen the first season before the BD came out (only saw the 80's ones) I'm already going through them again and this really is one of the best episodes I've seen so far. Very rewatchable.
Old 30th July 2011, 09:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I love the fact that Serling went to science fiction because he wanted to be able to comment on political issues, but would previously be shut down by the commercial sponsors. Here he could say what he really thought, and nobody could complain because it was about aliens. This episode is fantastic. The HUAC anti-Communist with hunts are such a blight on American history, and particularly Hollywood history. Fascinating that Serling would be so brazen in his criticism of McCarthy.
Old 19th September 2011, 04:09 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I luv this episode! It wears its political message on its sleeve possibly more than any other Twilight Zone episode and is such a classic example of 1950/60s paranoia. The characters are so sheep-like it's brilliant. It's like a 30 minute version of The Thing!
Old 7th August 2012, 06:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs View Post
The first ep I saw in HD, and as with a lot of Twilight Zones with a message, it still is as relevant now as it was when it was written.

I think the only hill it has to climb really was when the young boy starts talking about Aliens in his comics and so on as a catalyst for the whole situation. Perhaps slightly hard to swallow that they'd really take any notice of that, but I guess they don't at first.

Anyway, a minor detail in what's a great, and slightly depressing episode when you think how true it is, episode. Truly deserving of its classic status and Serling's closing narration is one of his less cryptic ones, a firm and direct message.

I'm curious to see the 80's version, I might check that out soon.
I havnt seen this 1 yet, it it worth all the praise its getting
Old 7th August 2012, 06:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

This one is often compared to The Shelter, which to be honest I've always preferred, but this is a good one.

Like this? Share it using the links below!