Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The Original 1960s Show > Twilight Zone (1960s) Season Two In-Depth Episode Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th June 2011, 11:49 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Default Season 2, Episode 7: Nick of Time

Season 2, Episode 7: Nick of Time

Airdate: 18/11/60
Writer: Richard Matheson
Director: Richard L Bare
Starring: William Shatner

A honeymooning couple innocently stop at a local diner, Don Carter becomes convinced that, for a penny, the fortune telling machine in the diner can correctly predict the future. He loses the power to make his own decisions and his wife must try to use her influence and love to help him overcome his superstitions.

Post your thoughts, reviews and comments about the episode and/or BD & DVD release for Nick of Time here!
Old 6th June 2011, 07:27 PM

I've always had a fondness for this one. Shatner before he was Shatner, and he does a fine job.

It's really cool to note that really speaking there's nothing here that couldn't be called co-incidence. I don't really know the background on this one, but I wonder if it's a comment on spiritual mediums and the way that some people begin to use them as a crutch.
Old 6th June 2011, 08:23 PM
Cultist

Haven't got Season 2 yet but I watched this one recently online as it was one that stuck in my mind. Shatner's really good in it and it shows off his acting talents before he developed his Captain Kirk schtick. I love these small town episodes as they really show off the americana that I loved as a kid and still do, and made me want to go there as I have a lot in recent years. Thing with this one that stands out, is there an actual supernatural element or are the characters just imagining it?
Old 6th June 2011, 08:37 PM
Cultist

P.S. when's the next podcast Tom?
Old 6th June 2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the human man View Post
P.S. when's the next podcast Tom?
Try to win yourself a copy of season 2 here sir!

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/orig...06-2011-a.html

Coincidentally, A new podcast has just been uploaded! A little rusty, but good to get back on it. No download link I'm afraid, we're launching a new site any day so it seems pointless to update the old one, but if you're subscribed it will still come through.

Like this? Share it using the links below!