Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The Original 1960s Show > Twilight Zone (1960s) Season Two In-Depth Episode Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th June 2011, 11:55 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Default Season 2, Episode 18: The Odyssey of Flight 33

Season 2, Episode 18: The Odyssey of Flight 33

Airdate: 24/02/61
Writer: Rod Serling
Director: Justuss Addiss
Starring:

A jet airliner en-route from London to New York picks up a freak tail wind, which takes the passengers and crew of flight 33 into the Twilight Zone and back to pre-historic times.

Post your thoughts, reviews and comments about the episode and/or BD & DVD release for The Odyssey of Flight 33 here!
Old 7th August 2011, 09:06 PM
Cult Rookie

Default After all this time.

I just watched this with my son.I had not seen it for over 40 years! I had forgotten how good this story is.My son just gave me the whole first series and
I look forward to seeing the original '60's shows again, after all these years.
Old 7th August 2011, 09:22 PM
Cultist

I really enjoyed this one even if the captain reminded me of captains Over and Roger from airplane.

It's nice to see an episode that doesn't have a political or social commentary (as much as I enjoy the ones that do) and just to enjoy the story unfolding.

The one thing I noticed was that in most episodes when someone travels back in time it's with a sense of nostalgia whereas this episode was met with a sense of dread.

I loved the double whammy twist finish and even more the open ending - not knowing what happens is a perfect finale.

Nice to see a brontosaurus too.

F:S
Old 7th August 2011, 09:32 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stand View Post
I just watched this with my son.I had not seen it for over 40 years! I had forgotten how good this story is.My son just gave me the whole first series and
I look forward to seeing the original '60's shows again, after all these years.
Welcome to the forums Stand! Good to hear the thoughts of someone revisiting the show after all that time.
Old 7th August 2011, 09:35 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Of airplane

Part of the plot for Airplane may have been based on this episode,or films like "The High and the Mighty".
Old 8th August 2011, 06:21 AM
Cultist

Seems airplane! Was based on the 1957 film zero hour -

Zero Hour!

They even bought the rights to the script and used large chunks of it verbatim for airplane!

F:S

Like this? Share it using the links below!