Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The Original 1960s Show > Twilight Zone (1960s) Season Two In-Depth Episode Guide
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th June 2011, 12:33 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Default Season 2, Episode 25: The Silence

Season 2, Episode 25: The Silence

Airdate: 28/04/61
Writer: Rod Serling
Director: Boris Sagal
Starring: Liam Sullivan

Aristocratic Archie Taylor just wants to relax at his men's club, but fellow member Jamie Tennyson's incessant chatter disturbs his peace. Taylor offers him a half million dollar wager to remain silent for a year in the basement of the club. What lengths will one man take to go quiet.

Post your thoughts, reviews and comments about the episode and/or BD & DVD release for The Silence here!
Old 28th June 2011, 06:50 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

I adore this ep. Love the gentlemen's club setting and the nice simple set-up. In the end everyone shows their true colours. Brilliant.
Old 10th September 2011, 08:47 PM
Cultist

I liked this one, but I didn't love it. After some consideration I realised that for me it was the lack of a "fantastic" element. Everything was there to make it high quality- top acting, good premise atmospheric style and a nice pay off. But IMO there didn't seem to be anything there to make it twilight zone material.

If I'd seen this a part of a non fantastical tv series I think it would have made more of an impact.

Still enjoyed it though.

F:S
Old 9th November 2011, 10:58 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I think F:S is onto something - this episode isn't exactly what you'd expect from the show, no time-traveling, no aliens, etc, instead its a much more realistic episode. I thought it worked really well and the 'twist' at the end was very nice indeed.

How much money would it take for you to not say a word for a whole year? Personally, I think I could do it for...£5 million.
Old 13th August 2012, 01:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
I think F:S is onto something - this episode isn't exactly what you'd expect from the show, no time-traveling, no aliens, etc, :
That's been one of the nice surprises for me going through the original series. (Not so much this episode, although I really liked it.) But I was only expecting SF elements or twist endings, so I really enjoy it when the odd episode comes up with a little message about life, that makes you think about yours.

Like this? Share it using the links below!