Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The 1980s Show > Twilight Zone (1980s) Season One In-Depth Episode Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th August 2011, 01:15 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Default Season 1, Episode 24.1: A Day in Beaumont

Season 1, Episode 24.1: A Day in Beaumont

Airdate: April 11th, 1986
Writer: David Gerrold
Director: Philip DeGuere
Starring: Victor Garber, Stacy Nelson

After witnessing the landing of a flying saucer, a young couple find themselves in the midst of an alien invasion.

Post your thoughts, reviews and comments about the episode and DVD release for A Day in Beaumont here!
Old 12th August 2011, 06:23 PM
Cultist

I quite enjoyed this, I loved the 50's sci fi references and also the nod to the old series 'The Invaders'. I liked the fact that aliens would base their training programmes on these old movies that they've seen from space. Little moments like when they're running to the car when the aliens are chasing them the man still opens the door for the woman.

On a side note about 'The Invaders' starring Roy Thinnes, It always puzzled me, even as a kid that an alien race who could build interplanetary craft, travel the speed of light, assume human form, just couldn't master that little finger. Did their scientists think "Ah **** it, they'll never notice"?
Old 17th August 2011, 09:41 AM
Cultist

Default Crooked little fingers

This was a nice one, a bit Tongue in cheek and nods to a stop at willbury as well as mentioning a town called "matheson" which was cool.

I missed to references to the invaders- what were they?

Very 1950s, worked well I thought.

F:S
Old 17th August 2011, 06:38 PM
Cultist

In The Invaders the way to spot an alien was that his little finger stuck out. Like Eric Bristow.
Old 26th August 2011, 05:27 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

A bit of light-weight fun.

I know that the old chap with the beard was from the original series episode Elegy, and I wouldn't be surprised if the other older guys were too.

Like this? Share it using the links below!