Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The UK DVD and Blu-ray Releases > The Twilight Zone: Season One DVD and BD Debate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:07 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Default Season 1 BD - The Extras

Season 1 BD - The Extras

Watched any of the extras? Listened to any of the commentaries? Let everyone know your thoughts about the extra features on The Twilight Zone Season 1 here....
Old 7th May 2011, 07:21 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

There's a great talk with Rod Serling on the episode Walking Distance that I really recommend. From the sounds of it he's at a college somewhere and they're talking about this episode. He's actually quite critical of it, which is funny as it seems to be an episode that's a lot of people's favourite.

It's a great listen though, highly recommend it.

I've also listened to Marc Zicree's commentary on The Hitch-Hiker - this is one of the blu ray exclusives. Really good, just wall to wall facts.
Old 8th May 2011, 07:34 PM
Active Cultist

He seems to be quite critical of the pilot too, "where is everybody" Haven't listened to the others yet but found it a bit sad that he was so hard on the episodes. Brilliant if you ask me.

Great set and package, will crack onto disc 3 tonight.
Old 10th May 2011, 08:46 PM
Cult Rookie

The extras are great: the commentaries are invariably excellent, the inclusion of The Time Element is a nice touch and I haven't had time to get to the Radio Drama's or interviews.
The only thing missing would be a retrospective documentary; but I can understand why there isn't one ( a minor quibble really!)
Old 30th July 2011, 08:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I'm really looking forward to checking out some of these extras. It's tragic that Serling died when he was so young, before The twilight Zone truly began to be appreciated by new audiences.

Like this? Share it using the links below!