Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The UK DVD and Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   The Twilight Zone - On BD and DVD Like Never Before! Vol 1 and Beyond... (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/uk-dvd-blu-ray-releases/4755-twilight-zone-bd-dvd-like-never-before-vol-1-beyond.html)

Jenny 11th March 2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 134596)
Welcome Tony - help us grow this new little forum!

I'm sure HMV and Play have yet to catch up. As for release date it may change by a week or so but we'll tell you here so don't worry.

As for the DVDs and BDs - they are the same elements as the US releases - I've seen some of them and they are AMAZING - and as someone who collected the CBS/Fox UK VHS tapes, imported the Image discs in '99, bought them in the UK and the 2E releases - I'm happy to say these new discs are a dream come true!

Thanks for the welcome ! Fingers crossed season 1 blu ray comes out in April.

Jenny 17th March 2011 12:54 PM

Im really getting worried that season 1 blu ray will be delayed for a while. 1 month to go, no cover art at amazon UK yet. No preorder still at HMV, or Play. They usually get preorders just 2 days after amazon. Amazon has this for preorder for a long while now. Im going to be very mad if they change the date a couple days before release date. Ive seen this happen many times.

Almar@Cult Labs 23rd March 2011 09:35 AM

DATE CHANGE!

Sorry folks - the vol 1 DVD and Blu-ray release of Twilight Zone has had to be moved back to 2nd May to accommodate BBFC certifications for the discs. No further delays are anticipated for this release. I've updated the original announcement at the beginning of this thread.

Jenny 23rd March 2011 11:35 AM

What was I saying all along ? Hopefully this will be the 1 and only delay.

Almar@Cult Labs 23rd March 2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony (Post 137860)
What was I saying all along ? Hopefully this will be the 1 and only delay.

You must be from the fifth dimension! ;)

It should be the only delay for this release - it simply was a case of BBFC certification for each disc caused a delay so it's a little later than planned.

Jenny 23rd March 2011 12:05 PM

Im counting on you to be right. This is my most anticipated blu release since the star trek original series. Cant wait to watch some episodes in blu quality. Such as after hours, monsters are due on maple street, time enough at last , 16mm shrine, stop at willougby are my favorites.:)

Jenny 23rd March 2011 12:09 PM

[QUOTE=Almar@Cult Labs;137864]You must be from the fifth dimension! ;) Where did you get the delay info ?

Almar@Cult Labs 23rd March 2011 01:30 PM

[QUOTE=tony;137871]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 137864)
You must be from the fifth dimension! ;) Where did you get the delay info ?

Got the info from Shock - this is all set up here so we can relay this info to you - it's a release they're taking very seriously and we at CL love the show so doing a mini forum where we can pay it some respect and hopefully get people talking about the show is the thinking here. So anything like date changes etc will come through here.

I don't think you're going to be disappointed - am hoping you'll want to drop some thoughts in as well on the threads we've dedicated to each episode of season 1 as you watch them.

Jenny 23rd March 2011 02:46 PM

Thanks, I will definitely post thoughts when it comes out on each episode. You said shock is handling this blu ray, yet on amazon uk it says Freemantle ?

Almar@Cult Labs 24th March 2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony (Post 137894)
Thanks, I will definitely post thoughts when it comes out on each episode. You said shock is handling this blu ray, yet on amazon uk it says Freemantle ?

Yup - Shock own the UK and Aussie rights but often labels need distributors to put their product out, sell it in to stores, physically distribute it and so on and that's why you'll see it listed as Fremantle as they're handling getting this treasure into your hands. And treasure it is! But of course in the fifth dimension, treasure can come with strange consequences...

Sorry - been watching too much TZ!;)

Jenny 24th March 2011 11:25 AM

Thanks for that explanation. Its nice to find someone as passionate about the series as me. I will scream my head off if theres 1 more delay. I guess its safe to assume this will have the same transfers as the USA region locked discs? Ive seen pics online of how the picture quality on that set is, wow!:dance:

Almar@Cult Labs 24th March 2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony (Post 138039)
Thanks for that explanation. Its nice to find someone as passionate about the series as me. I will scream my head off if theres 1 more delay. I guess its safe to assume this will have the same transfers as the USA region locked discs? Ive seen pics online of how the picture quality on that set is, wow!:dance:

It's a real pleasure that we can be talking about these titles on here - to that end I'm expecting this place to remain a bit quiet until the DVDs/Bds come out but please do help spread the word and let's revive and maybe even create some TZ fans!

When you get the set you'll notice there's a CBS DVD logo on them (CBS really had one of the all-time great logos - I love it when their vintage versions make it onto the episodes of TZ) as it is exactly the same masters so you can safely remain excited!

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 24th March 2011 03:22 PM

I was absolutely flawed by the quality. It's amazing that something 50 years old can look so good.

antmumford 24th March 2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 138053)
It's a real pleasure that we can be talking about these titles on here - to that end I'm expecting this place to remain a bit quiet until the DVDs/Bds come out but please do help spread the word and let's revive and maybe even create some TZ fans!

I can confirm that you have all created a TZ fan....me. I knew nothing about the show until these threads started up. Job well done

Jenny 25th March 2011 02:31 AM

Need something Twilight Zone related to keep me busy. I heard that there is a fairly new book called dimensions behind the twilight zone. Is it a good buy, anyone own it ?

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 25th March 2011 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny (Post 138231)
Need something Twilight Zone related to keep me busy. I heard that there is a fairly new book called dimensions behind the twilight zone. Is it a good buy, anyone own it ?

Hi, yes it's a good book. The majority of it is nice long interviews with surviving Twilight Zone stars and creators. Then there are a few essays on Zone too.

Not a huge book, but decent enough value for money, and different enough from the other TZ books out there to make it worth a purchase even if you already own some.

Jenny 25th March 2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGGPodcast (Post 138236)
Hi, yes it's a good book. The majority of it is nice long interviews with surviving Twilight Zone stars and creators. Then there are a few essays on Zone too.

Not a huge book, but decent enough value for money, and different enough from the other TZ books out there to make it worth a purchase even if you already own some.

Thanks, since I have none of the other books, I will buy this first from amazon.

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 25th March 2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny (Post 138277)
Thanks, since I have none of the other books, I will buy this first from amazon.

Enjoy! I run down some of the Twilight Zone books I have here in this thread:

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/behi...ight-zone.html

Jenny 25th March 2011 11:34 AM

Thanks

[QUOTE=TGGPodcast;138290]Enjoy! I run down some of the Twilight Zone books I have here in this thread:

Thanks, That will be helpful for which one I get next.:)

Jenny 30th March 2011 06:04 AM

Looks like play.com now has a listing for the twilight zone blu ray. It has the date that was mentioned here May 2nd. Amazon uk is being lazy still showing April 18.

kingofwitches666 1st April 2011 01:00 PM

Just preordered the Season One BD from Zavvi today. Along with a 10% off code they sent me I got it for £31.37. Well chuffed!

Jenny 1st April 2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 140151)
Just preordered the Season One BD from Zavvi today. Along with a 10% off code they sent me I got it for £31.37. Well chuffed!

Wow !!! Thats better than amazon uk"s price. Does Zavvi ship to all of Europe?

kingofwitches666 4th April 2011 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny (Post 140165)
Wow !!! Thats better than amazon uk"s price. Does Zavvi ship to all of Europe?

zavvi.com Help » Deliveries

ID #1039

Which countries do you deliver to?
Delivery is free on any orders placed.

We deliver to addresses both inside the UK and outside the UK with the exception of the below countries.

Russia
Brazil
Syria
North Korea
Iran
Cuba
Sudan
Myanmar
Libya
Please note that we are unable to ship Books and Electronics outside of the UK

Hope that helps. :)

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th April 2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 140151)

That's a fantastic price for some lovely Twilight Zone blu-ray goodness. It's going to be a great set.

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 8th April 2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 141476)
That's a fantastic price for some lovely Twilight Zone blu-ray goodness. It's going to be a great set.

Definately. Especially when you see what the US had to pay (and still do) for the BD sets. It seems we're getting the better deal this side of the pond!

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th April 2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs (Post 141489)
Definately. Especially when you see what the US had to pay (and still do) for the BD sets. It seems we're getting the better deal this side of the pond!

I see what you mean. Some places are charging quite a bit more for the US sets. Thank god these are being released over here.

Yikes! 9th April 2011 02:14 PM

Just ordered the Blu-ray of season One.
It's been about twenty years since I last watched an episode of the Twilight Zone, so It'll almost be like coming to them anew!

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th April 2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes! (Post 141749)
Just ordered the Blu-ray of season One.
It's been about twenty years since I last watched an episode of the Twilight Zone, so It'll almost be like coming to them anew!

It ceratinly will, especially with the rave reviews the sets have been getting for their visual quality. I can't wait the see them in HD.

Jenny 17th April 2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 140706)
zavvi.com Help » Deliveries

ID #1039

Which countries do you deliver to?
Delivery is free on any orders placed.

We deliver to addresses both inside the UK and outside the UK with the exception of the below countries.

Russia
Brazil
Syria
North Korea
Iran
Cuba
Sudan
Myanmar
Libya
Please note that we are unable to ship Books and Electronics outside of the UK

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks so much! Not long now.

The Collector's Room 18th April 2011 12:44 PM

I recently got my preview Blu-Ray to review - only to find its the DVD version!

Still haven't seen how good the episodes look yet...

Jenny 18th April 2011 03:27 PM

You mean to say it says blu ray on the packaging, and its dvds inside?

The Collector's Room 18th April 2011 03:29 PM

Oh no not like that. When you get preview copies you just get the discs in little paper sleeves. Only I didn't get the Blu-Ray :(

Almar@Cult Labs 18th April 2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny (Post 143947)
You mean to say it says blu ray on the packaging, and its dvds inside?

No I suspect this will be the review discs.

The Collector's Room 18th April 2011 03:33 PM

^Exactly.

Don't let me one experience tarnish the good work these peeps are doing ;)

Jenny 18th April 2011 03:35 PM

I understand now. But were you told that you were going to receive the blu rays to review? Because if they just said we are sending you the twilight zone set for review, they might have meant just the dvds.

The Collector's Room 18th April 2011 03:44 PM

That's what my editor is looking into.

Jenny 27th April 2011 04:56 PM

Found a great review for the upcoming blu ray. It seems to have everything the US edition had. Now if only they could ship my copy a few days early, lol !!! Weekend Watch: The Twilight Zone: Season One (Blu-ray) | Home Cinema Choice: AV, surround sound and TV reviews

Yikes! 27th April 2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny (Post 146355)
Found a great review for the upcoming blu ray. It seems to have everything the US edition had. Now if only they could ship my copy a few days early, lol !!! Weekend Watch: The Twilight Zone: Season One (Blu-ray) | Home Cinema Choice: AV, surround sound and TV reviews

Good review! I'm really excited about this release. A black and White Burgess Meredith in HD. I don't know about anyone else but I love gold ol' Black and White in HD.

Coffindaz 27th April 2011 06:28 PM

HMV shipped mine last Saturday...damn you bank holidays!;) Hopefully those blu rays will drop through my letterbox soon!:dance:

snipsmovies 27th April 2011 11:17 PM

I'm gonna pick mine up on Monday (I hope) from HMV. I've got some vouchers that need using so.....

Really can't wait. I'm an anthology addict - Crypt, Darkside, Thriller, Masters Of Horror etc.

Nothing ever comes close to TZ though. Serling I think is the main draw. His input and overwhelming intelligence is unparalleled.