Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The UK DVD and Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   The Twilight Zone - On BD and DVD Like Never Before! Vol 1 and Beyond... (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/uk-dvd-blu-ray-releases/4755-twilight-zone-bd-dvd-like-never-before-vol-1-beyond.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th February 2011 05:38 AM

I'm sure they'll be fine. The US releases by Image are topnotch. So nothing to worry about.

Eeeper 27th February 2011 01:18 PM

Wow. My brothers and I were just talking about this the other day. I was saying I'm going to have to get a region A player to enjoy the Criterion and Twilight Zone Blu rays. Now I'm only going to have Criterion as my excuse for buying a region a player!

I remember seeing the original series play on ITV a few years ago at some ungodly hour. I've never seen the modern remake of the show with Forrest Whitaker so I don't know how it plays out. But the 60's and 80's versions I loved :)

Thanks to all at Shock for bringing the series to English/Irish shores. Hopefully we'll continue to get the AV and extras qualities as our American neighbours.

SJDurrant 8th March 2011 03:29 PM

I am so, so excited at this news.

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 8th March 2011 07:07 PM

I just watched 'The Monsters are Due on Maple Street' on blu. No exaggeration I was blown away by the quality. Absolutely blown away.

It really is like watching these episodes through fresh eyes.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th March 2011 07:08 PM

Won't be long until the 26th of April!:woot:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 8th March 2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGGPodcast (Post 134043)
I just watched 'The Monsters are Due on Maple Street' on blu. No exaggeration I was blown away by the quality. Absolutely blown away.

It really is like watching these episodes through fresh eyes.

Really looking forward to seeing these classic episodes on Blu - I'm sure the screen-grabs do them no justice.

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 9th March 2011 03:26 PM

Nice little touch that I noticed on these today: there are 18 of the Twilight Zone radio dramas on the disks too. Considering it's about £1.50 per episode to purchase these from the official site, that really adds value to these releases.

I've only listened to a few of the radio dramas, but the ones I have heard were really good.

Jenny 10th March 2011 01:50 PM

Hi everyone Im new here, from Greece. Im a big fan of the classic twilight zone. Happy these are getting a uk blu ray release so I can buy them from amazon uk. 2 questions I have, Isnt it a little strange amazon uk is the only place you can preorder this? Nothing on play or hmv. Also how are we so sure this is going to have the same picture quality as the usa sets? Someone earlier in the thread said season 1 comes out april 26, but amazon uk shows april 18 ?

Almar@Cult Labs 10th March 2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony (Post 134480)
Hi everyone Im new here, from Greece. Im a big fan of the classic twilight zone. Happy these are getting a uk blu ray release so I can buy them from amazon uk. 2 questions I have, Isnt it a little strange amazon uk is the only place you can preorder this? Nothing on play or hmv. Also how are we so sure this is going to have the same picture quality as the usa sets? Someone earlier in the thread said season 1 comes out april 26, but amazon uk shows april 18 ?

Welcome Tony - help us grow this new little forum!

I'm sure HMV and Play have yet to catch up. As for release date it may change by a week or so but we'll tell you here so don't worry.

As for the DVDs and BDs - they are the same elements as the US releases - I've seen some of them and they are AMAZING - and as someone who collected the CBS/Fox UK VHS tapes, imported the Image discs in '99, bought them in the UK and the 2E releases - I'm happy to say these new discs are a dream come true!

skyofcrack 11th March 2011 02:23 AM

I'm glad you all are getting the Zones in the UK. I was gonna wait for the eventual complete BD boxed set on sale somewhere until I found the first two seasons for around $35 each. I had to pounce.

I used to tape all the episodes from syndication (in the '80's) and edit them together to get the longest versions since they never made the same cuts. A huge project that I never finished. :)