Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The UK DVD and Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   The Twilight Zone - On BD and DVD Like Never Before! Vol 1 and Beyond... (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/uk-dvd-blu-ray-releases/4755-twilight-zone-bd-dvd-like-never-before-vol-1-beyond.html)

Jenny 24th March 2011 12:25 PM

Thanks for that explanation. Its nice to find someone as passionate about the series as me. I will scream my head off if theres 1 more delay. I guess its safe to assume this will have the same transfers as the USA region locked discs? Ive seen pics online of how the picture quality on that set is, wow!:dance:

Almar@Cult Labs 24th March 2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony (Post 138039)
Thanks for that explanation. Its nice to find someone as passionate about the series as me. I will scream my head off if theres 1 more delay. I guess its safe to assume this will have the same transfers as the USA region locked discs? Ive seen pics online of how the picture quality on that set is, wow!:dance:

It's a real pleasure that we can be talking about these titles on here - to that end I'm expecting this place to remain a bit quiet until the DVDs/Bds come out but please do help spread the word and let's revive and maybe even create some TZ fans!

When you get the set you'll notice there's a CBS DVD logo on them (CBS really had one of the all-time great logos - I love it when their vintage versions make it onto the episodes of TZ) as it is exactly the same masters so you can safely remain excited!

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 24th March 2011 04:22 PM

I was absolutely flawed by the quality. It's amazing that something 50 years old can look so good.

antmumford 24th March 2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 138053)
It's a real pleasure that we can be talking about these titles on here - to that end I'm expecting this place to remain a bit quiet until the DVDs/Bds come out but please do help spread the word and let's revive and maybe even create some TZ fans!

I can confirm that you have all created a TZ fan....me. I knew nothing about the show until these threads started up. Job well done

Jenny 25th March 2011 03:31 AM

Need something Twilight Zone related to keep me busy. I heard that there is a fairly new book called dimensions behind the twilight zone. Is it a good buy, anyone own it ?

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 25th March 2011 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny (Post 138231)
Need something Twilight Zone related to keep me busy. I heard that there is a fairly new book called dimensions behind the twilight zone. Is it a good buy, anyone own it ?

Hi, yes it's a good book. The majority of it is nice long interviews with surviving Twilight Zone stars and creators. Then there are a few essays on Zone too.

Not a huge book, but decent enough value for money, and different enough from the other TZ books out there to make it worth a purchase even if you already own some.

Jenny 25th March 2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGGPodcast (Post 138236)
Hi, yes it's a good book. The majority of it is nice long interviews with surviving Twilight Zone stars and creators. Then there are a few essays on Zone too.

Not a huge book, but decent enough value for money, and different enough from the other TZ books out there to make it worth a purchase even if you already own some.

Thanks, since I have none of the other books, I will buy this first from amazon.

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 25th March 2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny (Post 138277)
Thanks, since I have none of the other books, I will buy this first from amazon.

Enjoy! I run down some of the Twilight Zone books I have here in this thread:

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/behi...ight-zone.html

Jenny 25th March 2011 12:34 PM

Thanks

[QUOTE=TGGPodcast;138290]Enjoy! I run down some of the Twilight Zone books I have here in this thread:

Thanks, That will be helpful for which one I get next.:)

Jenny 30th March 2011 06:04 AM

Looks like play.com now has a listing for the twilight zone blu ray. It has the date that was mentioned here May 2nd. Amazon uk is being lazy still showing April 18.