Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The UK DVD and Blu-ray Releases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th February 2011, 11:50 AM
Cultist

With the DVD release (I'm not sure if I'll get the blu-ray due to lack of blu-ray player outside of my laptop), will the features and bonus bits be different to the Cinema Club releases?

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 24th February 2011, 11:53 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector's Room View Post
With the DVD release (I'm not sure if I'll get the blu-ray due to lack of blu-ray player outside of my laptop), will the features and bonus bits be different to the Cinema Club releases?
I believe the extras are the same on the DVD - and it's the Blu that has the new stuff. The key difference between the old Cinema Club and these new Shock discs are the all the episodes come from the new hi-def masters and they look and sound stunning on DVD. Better still on Blu but the DVDs will please plenty.
Old 24th February 2011, 12:09 PM
Cultist

Hmmmm it's a tempting offer. I'd be interested to see the transfers to season 2 - as some of them did not transfer well to DVD due to the way they were made.

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 24th February 2011, 12:56 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector's Room View Post
Hmmmm it's a tempting offer. I'd be interested to see the transfers to season 2 - as some of them did not transfer well to DVD due to the way they were made.
Are those the ones recorded pretty much live on video tape?
Old 24th February 2011, 02:20 PM
Cultist

Yeah. Episodes like "Twenty Two" don't look too hot. Which is shame because that is a great story.

Old 24th February 2011, 07:10 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I had the Twilight Zone boxsets the last time they were released,but foolishly sold them when financing the move to Blu Ray,so this is excellent news.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 24th February 2011, 07:49 PM
Cultist

Default BD Woo!

only just heard about this from the twilightzone podcast (well worth a listen if you have the chance)

uber excited at the prospect of TZ on BD. My only concern is that maybe some of the effects and make up make not look so good under 1080p, but to be honest, after watching TZ on video for years it will be stunning to see it in HD.

Anyone know how much each season will be?

F:S
Old 24th February 2011, 07:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Good question.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 25th February 2011, 02:47 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fail:safe View Post
Anyone know how much each season will be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
The Twilight Zone: The Original Series – Season One (cert. tbc) will be released on DVD (£34.99) and Blu-ray (£49.99) by Shock Entertainment and FremantleMedia Enterprises on 18th April 2011.
Old 26th February 2011, 03:40 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
“THE BEST THAT HAS EVER BEEN ACCOMPLISHED IN HALF-HOUR FILMED TELEVISION.” – VARIETY.

Get ready to enter a fifth dimension of high-definition video entertainment, one that lies between the pit of man’s fears and the summit of his knowledge… a dimension of imagination that is undoubtedly going to be the most highly anticipated home entertainment release of the year!

One of the most iconic and celebrated TV shows of all time, The Twilight Zone is coming to DVD and, for the first time ever in the UK, to Blu-ray. Over the course of 2011, Shock Entertainment and FremantleMedia Enterprises will be releasing all five complete seasons of the series (originally broadcast between 1959 and 1964) plus the complete 1980s revival series.
Shock are releasing these?

Oh no, get ready for pink front covers.

Mind you, I suppose Twilight Zone fans won't have to suffer pink covers because it's not a show especially known for being liked by 'the gay community'.

Seriously though, Shock do an awful job with their releases. The Prisoner Cell Block H release was advertised as being "completely uncut". -it wasn't. The UK release could have rectified this but is instead just the same as the Australian release. The Edna Pearson release is advertised as being competely uncut. -it isn't. And the art work for the front covers is god awful.

Didn't mean to go off topic. Just saying, hope they do a better job with The Zone than they did with Prisoner.

And I'm sure they will. It's a more mainstream show so more relies on getting it right. With a show with higher status there'll be no pink covers for this little baby!

Like this? Share it using the links below!