Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The UK DVD and Blu-ray Releases
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th March 2011, 02:39 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Welcome Tony - help us grow this new little forum!

I'm sure HMV and Play have yet to catch up. As for release date it may change by a week or so but we'll tell you here so don't worry.

As for the DVDs and BDs - they are the same elements as the US releases - I've seen some of them and they are AMAZING - and as someone who collected the CBS/Fox UK VHS tapes, imported the Image discs in '99, bought them in the UK and the 2E releases - I'm happy to say these new discs are a dream come true!
Thanks for the welcome ! Fingers crossed season 1 blu ray comes out in April.
Old 17th March 2011, 12:54 PM
Cultist

Im really getting worried that season 1 blu ray will be delayed for a while. 1 month to go, no cover art at amazon UK yet. No preorder still at HMV, or Play. They usually get preorders just 2 days after amazon. Amazon has this for preorder for a long while now. Im going to be very mad if they change the date a couple days before release date. Ive seen this happen many times.
Old 23rd March 2011, 09:35 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

DATE CHANGE!

Sorry folks - the vol 1 DVD and Blu-ray release of Twilight Zone has had to be moved back to 2nd May to accommodate BBFC certifications for the discs. No further delays are anticipated for this release. I've updated the original announcement at the beginning of this thread.
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:35 AM
Cultist

What was I saying all along ? Hopefully this will be the 1 and only delay.
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:38 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
What was I saying all along ? Hopefully this will be the 1 and only delay.
You must be from the fifth dimension!

It should be the only delay for this release - it simply was a case of BBFC certification for each disc caused a delay so it's a little later than planned.
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:05 PM
Cultist

Im counting on you to be right. This is my most anticipated blu release since the star trek original series. Cant wait to watch some episodes in blu quality. Such as after hours, monsters are due on maple street, time enough at last , 16mm shrine, stop at willougby are my favorites.
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:09 PM
Cultist

[QUOTE=Almar@Cult Labs;137864]You must be from the fifth dimension! Where did you get the delay info ?
Old 23rd March 2011, 01:30 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

[QUOTE=tony;137871]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
You must be from the fifth dimension! Where did you get the delay info ?
Got the info from Shock - this is all set up here so we can relay this info to you - it's a release they're taking very seriously and we at CL love the show so doing a mini forum where we can pay it some respect and hopefully get people talking about the show is the thinking here. So anything like date changes etc will come through here.

I don't think you're going to be disappointed - am hoping you'll want to drop some thoughts in as well on the threads we've dedicated to each episode of season 1 as you watch them.
Old 23rd March 2011, 02:46 PM
Cultist

Thanks, I will definitely post thoughts when it comes out on each episode. You said shock is handling this blu ray, yet on amazon uk it says Freemantle ?
Old 24th March 2011, 09:00 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
Thanks, I will definitely post thoughts when it comes out on each episode. You said shock is handling this blu ray, yet on amazon uk it says Freemantle ?
Yup - Shock own the UK and Aussie rights but often labels need distributors to put their product out, sell it in to stores, physically distribute it and so on and that's why you'll see it listed as Fremantle as they're handling getting this treasure into your hands. And treasure it is! But of course in the fifth dimension, treasure can come with strange consequences...

Sorry - been watching too much TZ!

Like this? Share it using the links below!