Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The UK DVD and Blu-ray Releases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th March 2011, 12:25 PM
Cultist

Thanks for that explanation. Its nice to find someone as passionate about the series as me. I will scream my head off if theres 1 more delay. I guess its safe to assume this will have the same transfers as the USA region locked discs? Ive seen pics online of how the picture quality on that set is, wow!
Old 24th March 2011, 01:15 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
Thanks for that explanation. Its nice to find someone as passionate about the series as me. I will scream my head off if theres 1 more delay. I guess its safe to assume this will have the same transfers as the USA region locked discs? Ive seen pics online of how the picture quality on that set is, wow!
It's a real pleasure that we can be talking about these titles on here - to that end I'm expecting this place to remain a bit quiet until the DVDs/Bds come out but please do help spread the word and let's revive and maybe even create some TZ fans!

When you get the set you'll notice there's a CBS DVD logo on them (CBS really had one of the all-time great logos - I love it when their vintage versions make it onto the episodes of TZ) as it is exactly the same masters so you can safely remain excited!
Old 24th March 2011, 04:22 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

I was absolutely flawed by the quality. It's amazing that something 50 years old can look so good.
Old 24th March 2011, 10:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
It's a real pleasure that we can be talking about these titles on here - to that end I'm expecting this place to remain a bit quiet until the DVDs/Bds come out but please do help spread the word and let's revive and maybe even create some TZ fans!
I can confirm that you have all created a TZ fan....me. I knew nothing about the show until these threads started up. Job well done

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 25th March 2011, 03:31 AM
Cultist

Need something Twilight Zone related to keep me busy. I heard that there is a fairly new book called dimensions behind the twilight zone. Is it a good buy, anyone own it ?
Old 25th March 2011, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Need something Twilight Zone related to keep me busy. I heard that there is a fairly new book called dimensions behind the twilight zone. Is it a good buy, anyone own it ?
Hi, yes it's a good book. The majority of it is nice long interviews with surviving Twilight Zone stars and creators. Then there are a few essays on Zone too.

Not a huge book, but decent enough value for money, and different enough from the other TZ books out there to make it worth a purchase even if you already own some.
Old 25th March 2011, 11:46 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGGPodcast View Post
Hi, yes it's a good book. The majority of it is nice long interviews with surviving Twilight Zone stars and creators. Then there are a few essays on Zone too.

Not a huge book, but decent enough value for money, and different enough from the other TZ books out there to make it worth a purchase even if you already own some.
Thanks, since I have none of the other books, I will buy this first from amazon.
Old 25th March 2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Thanks, since I have none of the other books, I will buy this first from amazon.
Enjoy! I run down some of the Twilight Zone books I have here in this thread:

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/behi...ight-zone.html
Old 25th March 2011, 12:34 PM
Cultist

Default Thanks

[QUOTE=TGGPodcast;138290]Enjoy! I run down some of the Twilight Zone books I have here in this thread:

Thanks, That will be helpful for which one I get next.
Old 30th March 2011, 06:04 AM
Cultist

Looks like play.com now has a listing for the twilight zone blu ray. It has the date that was mentioned here May 2nd. Amazon uk is being lazy still showing April 18.

Like this? Share it using the links below!