Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The UK DVD and Blu-ray Releases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th May 2011, 09:51 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs View Post
I can see it now. The blu ray arrives...you hurriedly take it to your blu ray player and frantically put it into the drive, in your haste the player falls to the floor with an almighty crash, smashing into pieces....

"The best laid plans of mice and men and Jenny, the woman in the sequin dress who wanted nothing but a blu ray. Jenny, now just a part of a smashed living room, just a piece of the cracked plastic, just a fragment of what man has deeded to himself.
Jenny in the Twilight Zone."

Now that is SPOOKY stuff! I do hope it works out better for you Jenny than that. Just reading that has made me work in an episode or two into my late night viewing plans tonight - I can't wait!
Old 6th May 2011, 12:01 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs View Post
I can see it now. The blu ray arrives...you hurriedly take it to your blu ray player and frantically put it into the drive, in your haste the player falls to the floor with an almighty crash, smashing into pieces....

"The best laid plans of mice and men and Jenny, the woman in the sequin dress who wanted nothing but a blu ray. Jenny, now just a part of a smashed living room, just a piece of the cracked plastic, just a fragment of what man has deeded to himself.
Jenny in the Twilight Zone."

Haha , I can actually picture the great Rod Serling saying that. Looks like amazons estimate of may 10-11 delivery is right, nothing yet. Fingers crossed Monday will be Twilight zone day.
Old 9th May 2011, 07:43 AM
Cultist

Although I don't own a Blu Ray player, I went looking for the TZ release just so I can see the packaging. However, I can't find it anywhere.

Could it be that the popularity of this amazing show is so high that it has sold out across the board, or have I got the release dates mixed up the series isn't out yet?!

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 9th May 2011, 08:18 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector's Room View Post
Although I don't own a Blu Ray player, I went looking for the TZ release just so I can see the packaging. However, I can't find it anywhere.

Could it be that the popularity of this amazing show is so high that it has sold out across the board, or have I got the release dates mixed up the series isn't out yet?!
It's definitely out - what is probably needed I suspect is people asking for it in the shops - they don't seem to get the value of this show I suspect
Old 9th May 2011, 12:28 PM
Cultist

Im going to wait till Wednesday. If my Amazon copy still hasnt arrived, I will send them an e mail to let them know my copy still hasnt shown up.
Old 10th May 2011, 10:30 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Im going to wait till Wednesday. If my Amazon copy still hasnt arrived, I will send them an e mail to let them know my copy still hasnt shown up.
Fingers crossed they get here soon Jenny!
Old 10th May 2011, 04:19 PM
Cultist

Thanks Tom. Ive sent amazon UK an e mail this morning. They responded quickly, they said if I dont receive it by May 18th to contact them for a replacement copy. Im pretty confident Ill have it this week.
Old 11th May 2011, 10:47 AM
Cultist

What irony, the mailmen here in Greece were on strike today!! Tomorrow has to be Twilight Zone day.
Old 12th May 2011, 03:11 PM
Cultist

It finally came today!!!!!! Sat down and watched the pilot where is everbody. I hadnt seen this episode before. Truly a great performance by 1 person alone for like 95% of the episode. The ending totally diffrent than what I expected. The most amazing thing about this show on blu is the sound!! Maybe its because all this time, I kept hearing about how amazing the picture quality is for such an old show. It does look fantastic, but the audio suprised me, usually on old shows you really have to crank the tv audio all the way up. I had the volume only up to 35 and it was loud and crystal clear. To get back to the pilot, did anyone notice the locations??? I wont spoil it for anyone, but in the 1980s 2 very famous movies were made where the zone pilot was shot. If no one answers by tomorrow Ill let you know. Im not even going to watch the rest of the set in order, ill skip to my favorites then watch the episodes ive never seen last. Bonus features saved for last. Nice to know that by the time ive disected everything on these discs, another 2 seasons will be waiting for me to buy. If I have time tonight Ill try to work in at least 1 of my 2 favorites, the after hours, or a stop at willougby.
Old 12th May 2011, 04:37 PM
Cult Rookie

Glad your set finally arrived Jenny, lots of Twilight goodness lies ahead of you.

Like this? Share it using the links below!