Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The UK DVD and Blu-ray Releases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th May 2011, 05:01 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Yep, great news. Looking forward to your thoughts Jenny. One of the things I'm looking forward to as well is discovering those episodes that have escaped me over the years.
Old 13th May 2011, 05:08 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs View Post
Yep, great news. Looking forward to your thoughts Jenny. One of the things I'm looking forward to as well is discovering those episodes that have escaped me over the years.
Thanks Tom!! Today I watched 1 for the angels for the 1st time. While I found this to be a very enjoyable episode, it seemed kind of out of place for the zone. It didnt have that strange spooky atmosphere that the show is known for. In the bonus materials section for this episode is an interview with the woman who played the little girl. She looks amazing for her age!! I hope I look that good when I reach that age.
Old 14th May 2011, 07:38 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Thanks Tom!! Today I watched 1 for the angels for the 1st time. While I found this to be a very enjoyable episode, it seemed kind of out of place for the zone. It didnt have that strange spooky atmosphere that the show is known for. In the bonus materials section for this episode is an interview with the woman who played the little girl. She looks amazing for her age!! I hope I look that good when I reach that age.
Glad you're enjoying it Jenny. I do hope you'll throw some reviews our way in the Season 1 Episode Section and remember if you post in the Ultimate Twilight Zone Episode section in heat 1 round 1 you get a chance to win this piece of original artwork.
Old 17th May 2011, 09:25 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've watched a couple of episodes on the BD disc and they look amazing!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 17th May 2011, 09:32 PM
Active Cultist

I've watched them all on blu ray and loved working my way through them. Although I have my faves, I can honestly say that over 90% of the episodes are great.

I can't wait for the next seasons.
Old 18th May 2011, 07:31 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs View Post
Glad you're enjoying it Jenny. I do hope you'll throw some reviews our way in the Season 1 Episode Section and remember if you post in the Ultimate Twilight Zone Episode section in heat 1 round 1 you get a chance to win this piece of original artwork.
Thanks Tom. Ive watched the mirror image episode today. The ending is not at all what I expected it too be. I loved it because it had me guessing what the ending would be till the end. Kind of like when I saw after hours for the first time years ago.
Old 18th May 2011, 09:47 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
It finally came today!!!!!! Sat down and watched the pilot where is everbody. I hadnt seen this episode before. Truly a great performance by 1 person alone for like 95% of the episode. The ending totally diffrent than what I expected. The most amazing thing about this show on blu is the sound!! Maybe its because all this time, I kept hearing about how amazing the picture quality is for such an old show. It does look fantastic, but the audio suprised me, usually on old shows you really have to crank the tv audio all the way up. I had the volume only up to 35 and it was loud and crystal clear. To get back to the pilot, did anyone notice the locations??? I wont spoil it for anyone, but in the 1980s 2 very famous movies were made where the zone pilot was shot. If no one answers by tomorrow Ill let you know. Im not even going to watch the rest of the set in order, ill skip to my favorites then watch the episodes ive never seen last. Bonus features saved for last. Nice to know that by the time ive disected everything on these discs, another 2 seasons will be waiting for me to buy. If I have time tonight Ill try to work in at least 1 of my 2 favorites, the after hours, or a stop at willougby.
Hi Jenny, I'm like you I've only just got the Blurays and I'm engrossed. I seem to think the square in the pilot episode was the same one from the back to the future films? It also featured in Forest Gump, were he's sitting on the bench. I've actually visited this set on a trip to California but unfortunately it burnt down the year after my visit.
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:52 PM
Cultist

DVD Releases: 'The Twilight Zone' Season One Blu-ray (1959-1960) | Cine-Vue | Award Winning UK Film / Movie Blog

My review finally went up on Cine-Vue.

For the record, I didn't add the images...

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 30th May 2011, 02:18 PM
Cultist

Watched Mr. Denton on doomsday. Not exactly my cup of tea. For me it was the first episode that dissapointed me. Something was off about it.
Old 8th June 2011, 01:04 PM
Cult Rookie

I've seen the entire first season on blu-ray, all 36 episodes and they look and sound brilliant! they are well worth buying and adding to your collection. I'm eagerly awaiting season 2.

Like this? Share it using the links below!