Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The UK DVD and Blu-ray Releases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th June 2011, 01:14 PM
Cult Rookie

Default restoration work

I think that the restoration work that has been done on the transfer is exceptional. The print had been cleaned of dirt and tears and other imperfections as well as the contrast and colour being greatly enhanced. It looks brilliant. The difference is available to see on this boxset – between the upgraded episodes and the original series pilot which is shown in its original format.
Old 8th June 2011, 08:27 PM
Cultist

Has anybody seen the episodes that were filmed on video tape from season 2 on bluray? Do these look any better than they did on tv?
Old 9th June 2011, 07:51 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the human man View Post
Has anybody seen the episodes that were filmed on video tape from season 2 on bluray? Do these look any better than they did on tv?
Here's my thoughts on that sir:

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/twil...al-debate.html
Old 9th June 2011, 03:12 PM
Cultist

Thanks Tom. Didn't think they'd be able to do much with these episodes. I actually can't remember the content of any of these episodes so I hope the picture quality doesn't detract from the story.
Old 9th June 2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the human man View Post
Thanks Tom. Didn't think they'd be able to do much with these episodes. I actually can't remember the content of any of these episodes so I hope the picture quality doesn't detract from the story.
I know what you mean. I'm going to do my best to reappraise them on blu, because I think I was quite dismissive of them on DVD when I watched them a few years ago.
Old 9th June 2011, 06:48 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The clarity on the BD disc is quite startling....this was especially noticeable on AFTER HOURS which I watched the other night.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th June 2011, 08:03 AM

As this thread seems to be the main hub of activity I'll post links to any forum events here too.

The Cult Labs Ultimate Twilight Zone Episode Round One is now closed. You can see the results HERE.

Season 2 is released today, so you can cast your votes HERE and talk about each episode in the season 2 section HERE.

Help us grow this section of Cult Labs, if you know anyone who's a Twilight Zone fan, or you own a site or blog and can post a link to the forum, let me know and I'll make sure we link back to you on The Official Twilight Zone Blog.
Old 28th August 2011, 03:53 PM
Cult Rookie

A question to anyone who has the Twilight Zone original series UK blu-rays: What are the subtitles like? The US release has horrible ALL CAPS subtitles. They're for the hard-of-hearing with the [music playing] and such, but that doesn't bother me as much as the caps do. Hoping I could replace my US release and follow the UK ones instead.

Example: www . dvdbeaver . com/film3/blu-ray_reviews52/twilight_zone_season_1_blu-ray/large/large_the_twilight_zone_blu-ray_subs.jpg
Old 28th August 2011, 09:24 PM

Welcome to the forum Cactus!

I'll pop a disk in when I get a chance and give it a look. I suspect seeing as the disks are identical to the US ones in every respect that they might be the same, however I could be wrong. I'm not sure how these things work, but I guess there's a chance they re-do them for each country due to the spelling of some words being different.

I'll keep you posted.

Like this? Share it using the links below!