Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The UK DVD and Blu-ray Releases
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th May 2011, 08:58 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Default The Twilight Zone Season 2 Blu Ray & DVD Release Details...

THE TWILIGHT ZONE: THE ORIGINAL SERIES – SEASON TWO

“TIMELESS… BLU-RAY BRINGS A WHOLE NEW DIMENSION: THESE 50-YEAR-OLD EPISODES LOOK LIKE THEY WERE SHOT YESTERDAY.”

★★★★★ – DVD & BD REVIEW.

PRE-ORDER NOW @AMAZON

One of the most iconic and celebrated TV shows of all time, The Twilight Zone is now being made available on DVD and, for the first time ever in the UK, on Blu-ray. Over the course of 2011, Shock Entertainment and FremantleMedia Enterprises will be releasing all five complete seasons of the series (originally broadcast between 1959 and 1964) plus the complete 1980s revival series.

Shortly following the release on Season One (2nd May 2011) – which received 5 Star reviews in Total Film (“Short but perfectly formed classics”), Time Out (“One of the best TV shows of all time… astonishing stuff”) and Sci-Fi Now (“fresh and timeless… an essential part of sci-fi history… transfer is of the highest standard”) comes the 20th June release of The Twilight Zone: The Original Series – Season Two. Featuring all 29 episodes of the second season of Rod Serling’s classic, groundbreaking series, now presented in pristine high-definition, this release also comes packed with hours of new and exclusive bonus features not previously available in the UK.

Over the years, The Twilight Zone has been acknowledged as an influence by countless writers and filmmakers, including Steven Spielberg (“I was a complete obsessive-compulsive Twilight Zone follower.”), J.J. Abrams (“The Twilight Zone at its best is better than anything else I've ever seen on television.”), Joe Dante, John Landis, Wes Craven, George Miller, Clive Barker, Steven King and Michael J. Straczynski.

The Twilight Zone’s second season originally ran from 1960 to 1961 and is a stand-out in the series’ history thanks to its sheer number of memorable stories. Among the episodes that have achieved pop culture landmark status are the chilling “Eye Of The Beholder” (in which a disfigured woman undergoes surgery to appear more “normal”) and “The Silence”. “The Invaders” sees star Agnes Moorhead pitted against tiny space travellers, while in “Long Distance Call” Billy Mumy (of “Lost In Space fame) converses with a deceased relative on his toy phone.

As always, the combination of sharp, intelligent scripting (mostly by Serling, but with notable contributions by Charles Beaumont, Richard Matheson, and George Clayton Johnson) and superb casting (guest stars include Cliff Robertson, Dennis Weaver, Burgess Meredith, William Shatner, John Carradine, and Don Rickles) produces television that remains as thought-provoking and entertaining today as it was over 40 years ago.

The Twilight Zone: The Original Series – Season Two (cert. tbc) will be released on DVD andBlu-ray by Shock Entertainment and FremantleMedia Enterprises on 20th Junw 2011.

Episodes

■King Nine Will Not Return
■The Man In The Bottle
■Nervous Man In A Four-Dollar Room
■A Thing About Machines
■The Howling Man
■Eye Of The Beholder
■Nick Of Time
■The Lateness Of The Hour
■The Trouble With Templeton
■A Most Unusual Camera
■The Night Of The Meek
■Dust
■Back There
■The Whole Truth
■The Invaders
■A Penny for Your Thoughts
■Twenty-Two
■The Odyssey Of Flight 33
■Mr. Dingle, The Strong
■Static
■The Prime Mover
■Long Distance Call
■A Hundred Yards Over The Rim
■The Rip Van Winkle Caper
■The Silence
■Shadow Play
■The Mind And The Matter
■Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up?
■The Obsolete Man.

Special Features (DVD and Blu-ray)

■Audio commentaries by actors Donna Douglas, Don Rickles, William Idelson, Bill Mumy, Cliff Robertson, Dennis Weaver and Shelley Berman.
■Vintage audio recollections with Buzz Kulik, Douglas Heyes, Maxine Stuart, George Clayton Johnson and Robert Serling.
■22 isolated music scores featuring the legendary Bernard Herrmann, Jerry Goldsmith, Fred Steiner and others!
■Sponsor Billboards.
■Rod Serling promos for “Next Week’s” Show, and much more!

Special Features (Blu-ray only)

■25 new audio commentaries, featuring “The Twilight Zone Companion” author Marc Scott Zicree, author/film historian Gary Gerani, author/music historian Steven C. Smith, author/film and TV historian, Martin Grams Jr., writer/music historian Jon Burlingame, writer Len Wein, writer/producer Joseph Dougherty, writer/producer Matthew Weiner, writer/director Michael Nankin, writer Marv Wolfman, authors/historians Scott Skelton and Jim Benson and writer George Clayton Johnson.
■Interviews with actors Joseph Ruskin and H. M. Wynant.
■“Suspense” episode “Nightmare at Ground Zero” written by Rod Serling.
■Vintage audio interview with director of photography George T. Clemens.
■Vintage audio interview with makeup artist William Tuttle.
■15 radio dramas featuring Daniel J. Travanti, Jim Caviezel, Jason Alexander, Ed Begley Jr., Fred Willard, Jane Seymour, Michael York, Chris McDonald, Henry Rollins, Stan Freberg and others!
Old 31st May 2011, 02:10 PM

So here's the specs for season 2, anyone looking forward to any particular episodes or features on this one?

I'm stoked for The Howling Man myself!
Old 1st June 2011, 08:59 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

There's some classic episodes there as well.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 2nd June 2011, 09:12 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Really really can't wait for this!
Old 2nd June 2011, 09:24 AM
Cultist

Has anyone seen any clips for it yet? I'd be really interested to see how episodes like Twenty Two turn out considering how they were filmed.

I'm excited though, this episode has one of my all time favourite episodes - Eye of the Beholder.

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:02 PM
Active Cultist

Seems like ages since season one was released. Which episodes in season one are the most popular for revisiting by folks on here?

I can't wait for season two either.
Old 6th June 2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector's Room View Post
Has anyone seen any clips for it yet? I'd be really interested to see how episodes like Twenty Two turn out considering how they were filmed.
That seems like a good place to start the technical debate thread for season 2

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/twil...tml#post156019

Like this? Share it using the links below!