Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The UK DVD and Blu-ray Releases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2011, 06:35 PM
Cult Rookie

Default UK BD sets. Anyone have one?

I couldn't wait and got the US version of Season 1 last October, but it was VERY expensive.

I also had the Definitive sets, which I had to buy from the US because the features were better. I'm hesitant to buy the UK BDs just in case there is content difference again.

Does anyone have season 1? What's it like?

Thanks.
Old 29th June 2011, 07:54 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonloon View Post
I couldn't wait and got the US version of Season 1 last October, but it was VERY expensive.

I also had the Definitive sets, which I had to buy from the US because the features were better. I'm hesitant to buy the UK BDs just in case there is content difference again.

Does anyone have season 1? What's it like?

Thanks.
Hi Toonloon, welcome to The Twilight Zone forum. Rest assured, the UK BD sets are exactly the same as the sets that were released in the US and Australia. The extras, the transfers, everything!

I have seasons 1 & 2 and as a huge TZ fan like yourself I'm really pleased with them, so I think you'll be pleased if you take the plunge.

You're so right about the price of the US sets. I'm kind of glad that they were region locked, because I might have bought them anyway, but the region lock forced me to wait for the UK sets and save a good few quid.

Hope you stick around ToonLoon and let us know your thoughts on some TZ eps!
Old 29th June 2011, 10:34 AM
Cult Rookie

Hi Tom!

I don't think I've ever been welcomed to a forum with such an energetic and enthusiastic manner.

That's great to hear about the UK sets.

If you're interested, the best deal I have found is at ASDA if you apply a 10% discount code. You can get TZ for little more than £30. That's a lot cheaper than my ex-gilfriend played for the US season 1 set last october.

Regarding that US set... I have a modified Momitsu BD player (and a PS3). I use the Momitsu for US discs, but I can't play one of the discs in the TZ set. My Momitsu needs an update, but if I apply the update, it will lose it's region free capabilities. As it stands I still haven't seen disc 3. Or it could be disc 5. I can't remember.

I was going to rip the disc and re-write on a blank blu-ray - probably one of the only ever instances of legitimate copying - but the blu-rays I bought weren't big enough, and 50gb blank ones are very expensive. I didn't want to buy one, then screw it up in the writing progress and have to buy another one.

Witness my very own personal... Twilight Zone.
Old 6th July 2011, 11:17 PM
Cult Rookie

I checked Season 1 in HMV and the only difference I could see is that my US set has a cardboard sleeve. Gee whiz! Bah!
Old 25th July 2011, 02:08 PM
Cultist

Amazingly, I've yet to find anywhere that stocks the Blu-Ray!

Either it's selling out quicker than they can stock it or shops in Reading are rubbish!

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 25th July 2011, 03:43 PM
Cult Rookie

I have a code for ASDA if you want it to get 10% off online. It'll work out at about £30.

Like this? Share it using the links below!