Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The UK DVD and Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Competition: Are You the World's Biggest Twilight Zone Fan? Win Seasons 1-3 on BD! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/uk-dvd-blu-ray-releases/6262-competition-you-worlds-biggest-twilight-zone-fan-win-seasons-1-3-bd.html)

scully1888 31st July 2011 10:53 AM

I adore the Twilight Zone. When I was young my dad used to tell me episodes he could remember from it as bedtime stories. He used to do the voices and everything. He used to tape them on BBC2 (they were on past my bedtime) and we'd watch them together. Later he bought some VHS tapes of the '80s version, there were six on a tape. I watched them religiously (my favourites were Shatterday and A Little Peace And Quiet, both directed by Wes Craven) and wore them out to the point that my dad had to re-buy them.

When I grew older and managed to track down the original series I was able to fall in love with them all over again with a more mature mind. Every opening and closing monologue was so poetic, every plot so clever that, like the Beatles' music, it was clear it had had a big influence so much of what was to follow in the decades to come. I moved from Glasgow to London in 2006 and the first thing I bought with my first wage was an import of the Twilight Zone Complete Definitive Collection on DVD. I've spent the last five years watching them over and over again and hope to buy the Blu-rays and review them on my website when I have the money. Here's a (bad quality) photo of my pride and joy:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8673/picturevnq.jpg

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 1st August 2011 09:42 AM

Due to the newsletter only going out today announcing the comp, I'm going to keep this open until the end of today. Monday 1st of August. So come on, any last entries, get cracking!

scully1888 1st August 2011 09:49 AM

Good luck everyone!

The Collector's Room 1st August 2011 11:05 AM

Just to echo Scully - Good luck everyone!

*Crosses fingers*

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 2nd August 2011 07:41 AM

Okay guys. The competition is now closed.

I just want to say before announcing the winner that each person's contribution is just as valid as the others. Each one shows real affection for the show so the winner has been chosen completely at random by RANDOM.ORG - True Random Number Service from the qualifying entries.

It's a shame that everyone can't win, but I think even though there were only a few entries this has given the forum a nice little boost and I hope everyone has enjoyed the interaction. We have a nice group of people here in the TZ forum who post intelligent and insightful opinions and are also respectful of the other members. I think it's very in keeping with the spirit of the television series.

New forums are always slow to start, but I think we're starting to build up a good momentum here; I personally love dropping by here every day. So I hope even though the competition has ended you'll all still enjoy posting here.

So, without any further ado, the winner of seasons 1-3 on blu ray is:

Trouserpress

DM me your address sir and I'll get it to the relevant people.

The Collector's Room 2nd August 2011 07:57 AM

Well done Trouserpress! A worthy winner!

trouserpress 2nd August 2011 08:00 AM

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. I feel like I may actually be in the Twilight Zone right now, and there's some weird twist to this coming my way!

Thanks!

trouserpress 2nd August 2011 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Collector's Room (Post 168379)
In 2009, I came up with the idea of creating a ‘Twilight Zone inspired’ online show called The Collector’s Room where I could flex my Twilight Zone addled mind to its full capacity. We created 3 half hour episodes, comic books and a radio play and I wrote more than I had ever written before. I never would have made this show without Rod Serling’s genius.

Been meaning to ask, is this available on itunes?

scully1888 2nd August 2011 08:42 AM

Congrats trouserpress! :)

The Collector's Room 2nd August 2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trouserpress (Post 170554)
Been meaning to ask, is this available on itunes?

It's on our website - The Collector's Room - An online sci-fi series by Luke Owen and Daniel J. Brant

Unfortunatley the show's co-creator has lost a lot of interest in the project and the show has died of death. It's hard to steer the ship on your own haha!