Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The UK DVD and Blu-ray Releases

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st July 2011, 10:53 AM
Cult Rookie

I adore the Twilight Zone. When I was young my dad used to tell me episodes he could remember from it as bedtime stories. He used to do the voices and everything. He used to tape them on BBC2 (they were on past my bedtime) and we'd watch them together. Later he bought some VHS tapes of the '80s version, there were six on a tape. I watched them religiously (my favourites were Shatterday and A Little Peace And Quiet, both directed by Wes Craven) and wore them out to the point that my dad had to re-buy them.

When I grew older and managed to track down the original series I was able to fall in love with them all over again with a more mature mind. Every opening and closing monologue was so poetic, every plot so clever that, like the Beatles' music, it was clear it had had a big influence so much of what was to follow in the decades to come. I moved from Glasgow to London in 2006 and the first thing I bought with my first wage was an import of the Twilight Zone Complete Definitive Collection on DVD. I've spent the last five years watching them over and over again and hope to buy the Blu-rays and review them on my website when I have the money. Here's a (bad quality) photo of my pride and joy:

Last edited by scully1888; 1st August 2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 1st August 2011, 09:42 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Due to the newsletter only going out today announcing the comp, I'm going to keep this open until the end of today. Monday 1st of August. So come on, any last entries, get cracking!
Old 1st August 2011, 09:49 AM
Cult Rookie

Good luck everyone!
Old 1st August 2011, 11:05 AM
Cultist

Just to echo Scully - Good luck everyone!

*Crosses fingers*

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 2nd August 2011, 07:41 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Okay guys. The competition is now closed.

I just want to say before announcing the winner that each person's contribution is just as valid as the others. Each one shows real affection for the show so the winner has been chosen completely at random by RANDOM.ORG - True Random Number Service from the qualifying entries.

It's a shame that everyone can't win, but I think even though there were only a few entries this has given the forum a nice little boost and I hope everyone has enjoyed the interaction. We have a nice group of people here in the TZ forum who post intelligent and insightful opinions and are also respectful of the other members. I think it's very in keeping with the spirit of the television series.

New forums are always slow to start, but I think we're starting to build up a good momentum here; I personally love dropping by here every day. So I hope even though the competition has ended you'll all still enjoy posting here.

So, without any further ado, the winner of seasons 1-3 on blu ray is:

Trouserpress

DM me your address sir and I'll get it to the relevant people.
Old 2nd August 2011, 07:57 AM
Cultist

Well done Trouserpress! A worthy winner!

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:00 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. I feel like I may actually be in the Twilight Zone right now, and there's some weird twist to this coming my way!

Thanks!
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:01 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector's Room View Post
In 2009, I came up with the idea of creating a ‘Twilight Zone inspired’ online show called The Collector’s Room where I could flex my Twilight Zone addled mind to its full capacity. We created 3 half hour episodes, comic books and a radio play and I wrote more than I had ever written before. I never would have made this show without Rod Serling’s genius.
Been meaning to ask, is this available on itunes?
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:42 AM
Cult Rookie

Congrats trouserpress!
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:48 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouserpress View Post
Been meaning to ask, is this available on itunes?
It's on our website - The Collector's Room - An online sci-fi series by Luke Owen and Daniel J. Brant

Unfortunatley the show's co-creator has lost a lot of interest in the project and the show has died of death. It's hard to steer the ship on your own haha!

Like this? Share it using the links below!