Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The UK DVD and Blu-ray Releases
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th December 2011, 11:44 AM
Seasoned Cultist

A Christmas which is received a man who I will call Bob. The problem for Bob is that the card is from a friend who died a few days ago. Bob thought this was a sick joke, but didn't let it bother him as he was a harsh and uncaring man who hated Christmas.
The next day he received another card from his mother. He never usually got a card from his mother as he was a horrible son, so he called to see why he got one this year. Bob found out that his mother had been killed that morning in a car crash.
The next day he received a card from his sister. She too had been killed. Each day he received cards from family members and friends. Until on Christmas Eve; there was no one left that he cared about.
On Christmas day when Bob was feeling at his lowest and wishing he had been kinder to his loved ones; the letter box went. There was another card. Upon opening the card Bob discovered that this card was from himself. In as state of shock, panic and a severe case of depression. Bob started to hang himself. As he was read to step off the wobbly chair. he heard voices outside his house. The people he heard opened the door an entered. As the living room door opened Bob's family appeared saying Merry Christmas. In his excitement and relief that his family was still alive, Bob reached out for them and the chair fell hanging Bob in front of his whole family.
Old 9th December 2011, 02:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Episode – Ol’ St. Nick

Starring – Alec Baldwin

George Welles loves Christmas. The boss of a successful advertising company, Christmas has been very good to him. The company makes millions of dollars a year creating Christmas campaigns for all the big brands. The companies come back every year because of George’s relentless enthusiasm for the festive season, which in turn drives unbelievable results.

Part of his passion comes from the fact that every year, George dresses up as Father Christmas and delivers presents to Amberson County Orphanage, where George was raised as a young boy. It was here that George’s life was set in motion. It was here that George met Father Christmas.

He tells the story to all his clients; one Christmas Eve, when George was 8 years old, he heard a rustling in the main communal room of the orphanage and snuck downstairs to have a look. Peeking into the room, he spotted Santa putting presents under the tree. After making a noise in shock, Santa turned round and spoke to him, gave him a small wooden horse and then sent him off to bed. It was only 5 minutes, but it was enough to change his life. He carries this wooden horse everywhere with him, the company logo is a horse, it’s his lucky charm.

George leaves the office in his Santa suit, gets in his car and starts making the 200 mile trip back to Amberson County. The weather is terrible, snow drifts everywhere, fierce winds, but George won’t stop or turn around, he won’t let those kids down. Just outside the grounds, his car hits a solid mound of snow and he careens off the road into a tree.

He awakens later, unsure of how much time has passed. Feeling dazed, but generally OK, he decides to walk to the orphanage, drop off the gifts to the kids and call the insurance when they’ve all gone to bed. He checks his phone, but it is smashed beyond repair. He gathers up his sack of presents, and starts the short walk.

It’s all quiet when he gets there, and no-one answers the door. Figuring it’s later than he realised, George goes round the back to the kitchen entrance and lets himself in. He’s not worried about scaring the staff, because he comes here at least once a month, so they all know him. The familiar Christmas smells hit him when gets inside, instantly taking him back to his childhood and that magical night. Realising that nobody is around, he guesses that it’s really late and the staff must be in bed. He tries the phone, but all he gets is a crackle, so the bad weather must’ve knocked out the phone lines. He decides to drop the presents under the tree, and then take a walk into town to find a hotel for the night.

He notices that the main room looks a lot more classic this year, it’s been remodelled to the way it used to look before he started donating his money. Thinking this is pretty strange, he notices the tree, with all its handmade decorations and shiny baubles. It’s a beautiful thing, and he forgets all about the room, mesmerised. As he’s dropping off the presents, he hears a rustling behind him and turns round. There’s a young boy stood there, hair messed up and wild eyed, fresh from bed. Not wanting to scare the boy, George puts on his best Santa voice and speaks to the little boy for a while, sending him back off to bed. Remembering his youth, he takes the little horse out of his pocket and gives it to the boy. After the boy has gone back upstairs, George find himself feeling a little dazed, and sits on the sofa, drifting off to sleep.

He awakens to the terrible sound of banging and car horns blaring, after rubbing his eyes, he realises he’s in his car, off the road and crashed. There are people banging on the windows, asking him if he’s OK. George looks in the back and sees that the sack of presents is gone. Checking his pocket, he notices the horse is gone too.

“Incident on a Christmas night. A man named Welles realises that adage that many people have realised before – “There is no fate but what we make”. A chance meeting with his younger self set in motion events that would shape the life of hundreds of people. A chance encounter-- in the Twilight Zone”
Old 9th December 2011, 02:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Nightmare at 20000 Part 2

A handsome successful Star Wars geek for sake of argument we'll call him darthelvis is relaxing on the return flight from Scatsta to Aberdeen (chance would be a fine thing!) after a tiring trip offshore. Hurricane Bawbag has been causing havoc in his homeland of Scotland and this had prevented him getting home to see his family for the weekend.

Flight EZE1138 takes off and as darth sucks on a boiled sweet to stop his ears from popping, pops on an episode of Diff'rent Strokes on his iphone, slips off his shoes & chills out. When the stewardess comes round with tea & coffee & shortbread (yes this is Scotland after all), darth opts for a cup of tea and turns his attention to the wing of the plane just outside his tiny window.

To his horror and disgust he sees William Shatner fully dressed in his Captain Kirk outfit outside on the wing of the plane burning the last surviving copy of the untampered with Star Wars trilogy laughing before bursting into a rendition of Birdhouse in your Soul by the great They Might be Giants! I scream in agony, a coldsweat covers my body as I look for someone else on the flight to look out the window to see this evil 80 year old man taunting me!

Why god why am I not allowed to take sharp objects or guns on my flights! With my shortbread in hand I walk calmly to the emergency exit, I lift the arm release to the door and like Keanu Reeves in Point Break I leap out the door of the plan soaring towards the wing!

I just manage to catch Shatner with a stretched out arm, getting him right in the gut (kind of hard to miss these days!). We both fall from the plane through the sky at a speed faster than Luke made the Kessel Run! Fighting tooth & nail, I unwrap my shortbread and force both golden sweet sticks into Shatners mouth, choking him to death. I stand a top Shatners fallen body and float it to the ground like a giant surfboard!

Hitting the ground, Shatner takes the brunt of the impact leaving darthelvis uninjured! I notice something in Shatners hand......a small piece of film. I break the fingers on his hand to release the film and upon inspection it is a piece from the original Star Wars. A film cell depicting Han & Gredo in the Cantina and guess what Han shoots First!!!!!

Life is sweet!!!!!

Disclaimer: I really have nothing against William Shatner or Star Trek and mean no harm to the man really. Nor do I believe sharp objects & guns should be taken onboard flights, it's all in the interest if story telling!
mercury likes this.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 9th December 2011, 08:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

A old woman gets a strange looking teapot for xmas.
a week later she notices it has changed shape so tells her daughter who thinks its her medication!
another week goes by and it changes again so the old woman tries to smash it but when she drops it it does not shatter. that evening while she sleeps the teapot turns into a gremlin that attacks the woman in her sleep. Once dead the teapot vanishes and gets a new owner

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 14th December 2011, 04:36 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

So many brilliant entries! These are all excellent and would make fantastic episodes, no doubt about it!

Don't forget this competition ends on Monday! So, be sure to enter if you haven't - times a ticking!
Old 15th December 2011, 11:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I rewrote a previous entry ....

It's a yearly tradition at the Emmerson house for the Father and son to break the wishbone every Christmas dinner.However one year the father passes away .Depressed and bummed over the loss of his father especially with the holiday fast approaching A young man is overly depressed as he realizes that the holiday won't be the same without his father ans especially the tradtion of breaking the wishbone with his now deceased father.The young man gets a package in the mail from his father with a wishbone in it which turns out to be a bone from his dead father.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 18th December 2011, 04:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Here’s Paul,Paul works hard every day in fact to hard.Paul has a day off today but instead of taking the much deserved day off and resting Paul is going to go out all day ,spend most of his modest pay check,,deal with society at their worst,then drive 9 hrs so he can give the gift to his Aunt Ruth.When Paul gets there he is going to get a present from Aunt Ruth,A dried up old fruit cake who was previously given to Ruth from one Edna P. Burdukawicz .Paul is about to bet screwed….in the Twilight Zone
Old 18th December 2011, 04:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

John has just got home work and has received a parcel from his Uncle John.
After opening the parcel he will find a bag inside filled with a large amount of feces labeled Sasquatch Poop.Has John just received proof of life's biggest mysteries or a present from a crazy old fart?We will find out in.....The Twilight Zone
Old 18th December 2011, 04:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Young Billy is full of delight as he just received a present from Santa Claus.A small brightly decorated present with a giant golden bow on top.Upon opening it
there's a small silver hair brush and a note that reads,

"Hey Billy ,

How would you like to help your gold old friend Santa brush his hair as it gets pretty tangled during this time of year.If you do this I will give you a new XBOX 360

From Santa

P.S: DON'T tell anyone!!! "

Billy's delight will soon dwindle when Santa drops his drawers and replies "Don't be shy get right in there ,It gets pretty gnarly down there"
Old 18th December 2011, 05:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Here is Steve here spending time with his family on Christmas Day opening presents.Steve would rather be watching movies by himself upstairs.Paul has received a new blue tie.Is this a trip to the Twilight Zone or just a really crappy present.

Like this? Share it using the links below!