Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The UK DVD and Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Super Comp - All 4 volumes of The Twilight Zone DVD/Blu-Ray - 05/12/2011 - FINISHED (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/uk-dvd-blu-ray-releases/7312-super-comp-all-4-volumes-twilight-zone-dvd-blu-ray-05-12-2011-finished.html)

Gigantor 18th December 2011 06:09 PM

A pair of cursed brown corduroy pants that keep returning

Here's Larry who has just received a pair of brown corduroy pants.Larry is happy because as soon as the stores open tomorrow he's going to return them.Unfortunately for Larry there's no returns in ....The Twilight Zone

Gigantor 18th December 2011 06:41 PM

Bob has just returned home and noticed he has got a Christmas card taped to the door from his crazy brother Carl.

Hey Bob,

I'm out of the hospital finally.

I'm so excited about spending Christmas with you and the rest of the family.

I know how you keep saying you miss Mom every Christmas so to make sure this is going to be the best Christmas ever.I have given you your Christmas present early and brought Mom there already she should be waiting out back

Merry Christmas!
Carl

(Out back is the freshly dug up corpse of their Mother)

PaulD 18th December 2011 08:28 PM

Crackers at Christmas

Andy Turpin never leaves anything to chance. A man obsessed with order, routine and tidiness, everything he does is precision-planned. On Christmas Eve his wife returns home to their 2nd floor flat after a day of shopping with a battered box of Christmas crackers she bought from a homeless-looking man in the street. Andy is annoyed by this as every year he buys the expensive Platinum Cracker Set from from his local supermarket but as his wife did this to be seasonal and charitable he lets this slide, against all character.

On Christmas Day he pulls the cracker with his wife and gets the bigger half. Out falls a party hat, a cheap-looking toy car and a slip of paper with a joke on. Getting into the spirit Andy puts his hat on and reads out the joke:

Q) What has 10 toes, 9 fingers and will be dead by the end of the week?
A) Andy Turpin

Andy screams, throws the toy car against the window and shouts at his wife: "Is this a joke?!". His wife doesn't understand how this has happened. Andy, becomes increasingly obsessed with his fate as predicted by the cracker. On Boxing Day while distracted by the thought of the cracker's premonition he cuts his finger off while making a turkey sandwich. He arrives at the hospital too late for them to reattach it.

"This isn't right! This can't be how it's planned!" Andy says when he gets back from the hospital. Frantic, he runs around his flat thinking of ways to overcome the grand plan that seems destined for him. "Please let me beat this!" he screams "I'll be more spontaneous in future, I don't want things to be pre-destined and ordered anymore!". He hears a noise below the 2nd floor window. Worried that this is a sign that his time is up he runs madly to the window, not seeing the toy car from the cracker still on the floor. He steps on the car, slips and goes flying through the window, landing on the ground below with a splattering 'thud'.

Andy Turpin, a man whose obsession with destiny became his downfall. A man who didn't realise that life was what happens when you're busy making other plans. A man whose distraction by a simple Christmas cracker lead to his unfortunate demise, in The Twilight Zone

Gigantor 18th December 2011 09:49 PM

A man returns home to find a present on his doorstop.
Opening the present he finds a glass and a note,

Here is a glass for you to put your fake teeth in because I'm going to knock out all your teeth.

Signed the husband of the neighbor who you're sleeping with

PaulD 18th December 2011 10:07 PM

Tinselitis

Tinsel that was produced in a factory build on an Indian burial ground acquires sentience and terrorises an All-American family. It strangles the mother, ties itself across the top of the stairs and trips over the father and jumps down the throat of Randy, their 16 year old son, suffocating him in the process.

A simple Christmas decoration, filled with memories on how its Indian forefathers were abused and taken advantage of, wreaks havoc on a simple family. A family who paid for the destructive ways of their ancestors. A family who only wanted, but could never have, a simple Christmas, in The Twilight Zone

PaulD 19th December 2011 12:09 AM

Sock it To Me

Another Christmas morning, another stack of unwanted socks for young Billy Jameson, at 8 years old the youngest and most spoilt and attention-seeking of the Jameson family.

"Mom, do I have to wear these? They have Reindeer on them - they're stupid!"
"Yes Billy, put them on and don't be ungrateful. Nana Jameson went to a lot of trouble to knit them for you"
"But mom!"
"Do as I say for just once Billy. You take up so much of my time with your constant demands and your selfish ways. You're forever spoiling Christmas by being ungrateful and demanding. For once, just once, do as I say"

Billy puts on the socks and as he does so, a strange surge courses through his body. He can't see his hands in front of him! Or his feet! Or any of his body! "What the..?" Billy exclaims but he can't even hear this. He walks to the mirror but no-one is there. He's invisible! He screams but no sound comes out. His mother walks in.
"Mom! Mom" he shouts, waving his hands in front of her. But she cannot see him. 'It's the socks!' Billy cries, but no words come out 'They must have turned me invisible!"
He tries to take them off but he can't feel anything - there's nothing there and he can't grasp onto his feet - what should be his hands just pass through what should be his feet. "No!" he cries but again, no words come out.

There's a knock at the door. It's Nana Jameson, who walks in and greets Billy's parent's. "She'l be able to help me!" Billy thinks.
"Having a nice Christmas?" she asks Billy's mother at the door
"Perfect" replies Billy's mother.
"How were Billy's socks?" Nana Jameson asks "Did they fit him?"
"Oh they fit him alright" his mother replies. "They were absolutely perfect for him."
"Oh, I'm so glad" Nana Jameson says
"Yes," Billy's mother replies, "just what he needed"

Billy Jameson, a young boy, but one who should know better. A boy who took up everyone's time with his selfish and spoilt demands. A boy who faded into obscurity at his family's request, in The Twilight Zone

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 19th December 2011 07:23 PM

Jeeez! This was one tough comp to judge! But I think I managed to work it out...just about!

So, the winners are...

:first: Baseball Fury's Ol' Saint Nick - probably the most Twilight-Zone-y idea of the whole competition

:second: PaulD's Crackers At Christmas & Sock It To Me - Two very cool stories that I could imagine seeing among the best of the 60s show. I couldn't pick a favourite out of these two, so I stuck them together :laugh:

:third: Bigandy's Killer Advent Calender story - great way to kick start the comp with a rather interesting moral too it - curiosity killed the cat.

Well done, you three have just won yourselves Twilight Zone Volumes 1-4! Let me know whether you'd like the DVDs or Blu-Rays!

Kyle

PaulD 19th December 2011 07:24 PM

Yesssss!!

This has made my week, seriously!

I'll take the blurays Kyle, thank you very much :)

Great comp this with some great creative entries. Congrats to the other 2 winners!

Baseball Fury 19th December 2011 07:26 PM

Yessssss! Wow! Cheers man! Blu-Ray for me please.

Thank you again!

And well done to all the other entries, some crackers (whay!) In there

sawyer6 19th December 2011 07:28 PM

Congrats :clap::clap::clap: