Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The UK DVD Box Sets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2011, 01:04 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundayboy View Post
It is ironic that I discovered this forum today. As my Volume 3 boxset arrived in the post today! I know I am a bit behind with the UK releases, but I have only just finished getting the Australian releases
So you will have the full Aussie and UK releases? Cap doffed to you sir, that is dedication.
Old 15th February 2011, 07:19 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I have this box set but shamefully haven't watched any of the episodes yet as I haven't seen the previous five series and a hell of a lot watch but hopefully I'll find some time to slowly make my way through the series so can talk about it with everyone else.
Old 15th February 2011, 07:43 PM
Blogs Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StruttingRooster View Post
Did the other box-sets sell well?
Will all of the episodes be released on DVD in the UK?
So far, UK sales of Volumes one to five have been good enough to press on with the series. Shock, the company behind the releases, have five more sets planned for this year but they are expensive things to produce so fans can help by supporting each release as it arrives.

Shock are showing support for the fans in return by launching this forum. It's not just a place for trumpeting the releases, we want fans to feel like they have a say in things (hence the poll to pick the logo colour for the next box) and that this is their forum, so start threads and have fun.
Old 15th February 2011, 07:47 PM
Cult Rookie

Looking forward to this release. I've seen the show both on C5 and Central, but cannot for the life of me remember who clobbered Bea at the end of Vol 5!

I love following the show once again on DVD, but I find it's so addictive that even with 25 hours worth of material on each release, I'm still getting through them faster than they can release them!

Can't wait for Volume 8 with Sandy, Marie and Kate joining the show. My favourite period of Prisoner basically starts with Sandy and Kate's arrival and goes right through to David Bridges' murderous rampage some 200 episodes later. Am desperate to pick these episodes up on DVD, so please keep 'em coming!
Old 15th February 2011, 08:49 PM
Blogs Moderator

We're blasting through them in our house as well.
Old 16th February 2011, 06:31 PM
Cult Rookie

Looking forward to this one!!
Old 21st February 2011, 04:17 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Yay

Just got my Vol 6 this morning - can't wait to get stuck into it.

Trouble is that I don't know when vol 7 is out so I can pace myself - not that I would anyway though. I reckon that I would still sit and watch episode after episode until I've gone through the whole volume in a week.

Part of me wishes that I had discovered the box set releases when they were all out so I could go and get a new volume each week and watch them all one after the other, but on the other hand I am glad I am buying them as they get released and (hopefully) therefore contributing to the liklihood that they get enough sales to have them all released.
Old 22nd February 2011, 05:16 AM
Cult Rookie

Smile

I received Volume 6 yesterday morning in the post and I'm as excited as ever about seeing my Prisoner DVD collection steadily grow towards completion. Still some way to go yet, though. I did like the yellow colour scheme ... very eye-catching.
Old 22nd February 2011, 09:17 AM
Cult Rookie

I got mine on Saturday...I checked the discs and found it hard not to sit and watch them all there and then.
Great set of eps...

I've been rewatchingat asnail's pace so as not to catch up with the releases... but with 7 due out in April, I can start speeding up. Yay!
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:38 PM
Cult Rookie

My set arrived today. Can anyone please tell me why the company changed the packagining? I preferred it when the discs were housed in a number of slim cases. It meant that there were more pictures. Also I think that it is a better way of storing discs. However I am sure that some people have other views on this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!