Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The UK DVD Box Sets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd February 2011, 06:30 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanKMcL View Post
My set arrived today. Can anyone please tell me why the company changed the packagining? I preferred it when the discs were housed in a number of slim cases. It meant that there were more pictures. Also I think that it is a better way of storing discs. However I am sure that some people have other views on this.
Follow the money. The new packaging is clearly cheaper!!! If cheapness is what it takes to get Blocky out on DVD, so be it! I notice the first three volumes are being reissued in the new packaging, so it is possible to have a matching set!

There was only one copy of Vol 6 in HMV Reading today. I'm watching it as I type! No-one else will be able to buy it there, though, if they've got no more stock. Not all of us shop online, y'know - PUT THEM IN THE SHOPS, PLEASE!
Old 23rd February 2011, 11:15 AM
Cult Addict

I would of thought that everything is being done to ensure that PCBH is getting out to as many shops as possible. Surely if you asked them (HMV) they would order in more in the future?
Old 24th February 2011, 07:31 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
I would of thought that everything is being done to ensure that PCBH is getting out to as many shops as possible. Surely if you asked them (HMV) they would order in more in the future?
Looks like I'm going to have to. Disc 3 has a glitch in it and needs to be returned. :-(
Old 24th February 2011, 11:26 PM
Cult Rookie

Can you please tell us what's wrong so that we can check our discs? Thanks.
Old 25th February 2011, 01:45 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

So what sort of packging are the sets using now? Digipaks?
Old 25th February 2011, 07:01 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanKMcL View Post
Can you please tell us what's wrong so that we can check our discs? Thanks.
It looks like a problem with my particular disc; I doubt it's a problem with the actual master. It freezes right at the top of 169 as Vera's crossing the rec room in the recap.

I had similar problems with two discs in Vol.2 - they were easily swopped because they were in individual slipcases. Hope they'll do the same with this one - the other discs (so far) are fine.
Old 25th February 2011, 10:06 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to ledzepfan24

Hello i'm new to cult-labs and this is my first post!
I am a huge fan of cell block h and i only started to see it for the first time last summer. I have all six boxsets and can't wait for vol 7.
By the way i don't know if anyone knows this but volume 8 should be out in june, i emailed freemantle media about the release dates.
Old 25th February 2011, 10:37 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Welcome to Cult Labs and thanks for the information. I'm also a big fan of Led Zeppelin so it's good to have you on board.
Old 25th March 2011, 09:16 PM
Cultist

It was promoted today on the alan titchmarsh show! although i think alan wasn't given proper info about the show...and the panel clearly have bad taste lol..here it is if anyone missed it

Old 25th March 2011, 09:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I really hate Alan Titchmarsh! He is that horrible mixture of smarmy, slimy talk-show host with a faux-everyman facade and bizarrely dresses a bit like Alan Titchmarsh.

Anyway, I digress -- any publicity is good publicity as they say, even if it means the show is less popular than Butterflies! (At least according to Gloria Honeyford and Co!)

Like this? Share it using the links below!