Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The UK DVD Box Sets
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th March 2011, 07:52 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlsut View Post
It is only one small cut on episode 470 so I have heard? Its supposed to uncut on one of the US dvd releases and I should imagine will be the same for UK when reaching them episodes in the sets.
Thats actually 471 that has uncut scenes on the US dvd (Bobbie's parole and talking to Marlene about the poisoning charge etc)..the 470 cut is watching a news report in the recroom about Edna...and they have said they are using the exact same masters as the oz release for the uk release so that's why I am asking about it
Old 12th March 2011, 11:23 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Thats actually 471 that has uncut scenes on the US dvd (Bobbie's parole and talking to Marlene about the poisoning charge etc)..the 470 cut is watching a news report in the recroom about Edna...and they have said they are using the exact same masters as the oz release for the uk release so that's why I am asking about it
I would imagine that Shock (who are releasing the uk discs) would be supplied with un-cut masters. You can be sure that if there is any cutting for the UK discs then it will be the BBFC who will be doing it. I will ask about it for you though.
Old 13th March 2011, 11:15 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I was wondering if the official dvd forum could help with anyone who needs faulty dvds replaced..who do we contact etc?
Can you help with any problems with the australian release or do you only have info for the UK dvds?
and what would be the chances of a new master being found for the future when the Bongo shooting is released here in the uk?..so we get to have the shooting uncut
same question for episode 470 which has a cut scene on the Edna Pearson dvds
Hi Robert - and also to others who have any faulty disc problems - please report them to: videodvd@fremantlemedia.com
Old 14th March 2011, 11:10 AM
Cult Addict

Almar, do you know if the uk disks will be uncut (see my post above)? Cheers!
Old 14th March 2011, 11:26 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Almar, do you know if the uk disks will be uncut (see my post above)? Cheers!
They're a long way off so best to tackle once they're in sight on the release schedule and we'll be able to ask about the masters.
Old 14th March 2011, 11:28 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
They're a long way off so best to tackle once they're in sight on the release schedule and we'll be able to ask about the masters.
Thanks for that.
Old 14th March 2011, 10:23 PM
Cultist

Hi do you know if that email covers the australian release too? many thanks
Old 21st March 2011, 07:44 AM
Cult Rookie

I had been watching the episodes very slowly because theearly UK sets were released very slowly. I am only mid-way through volume 4 (which was purchased some time ago now) and have founddisc 4 to be breaking up at 36 minutes into e 112.

I am past the 'returns' time for the supplier...is there any stash of individual discs that onecan purchse?
I am more than happy to pay for a single disc in order to have a full set without problems.
Old 28th March 2011, 12:27 AM
Cultist in Training

you guys too huh!??

i've had two faulty discs so far - both on box set 4.

i've been ordering my box sets from Amazon. they offer replacements for weeks after on products.. on box set 4 i had a fault during the last chapter of episode 106 and the first chapter of episode 107... it kept freezing.. struggling to play.. then i had problems on chapter 4 or 5 during episode 121.. the episode Leanne falls off the roof. the dvd either skipped a few minutes or jumped to the next chapter. it is rather annoying.. but i tend to plough through a box set in 2-3 weeks.. well within Amazon's return policy period i believe.

Like this? Share it using the links below!