Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The UK DVD Box Sets (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   UK packaging (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/uk-dvd-box-sets/5002-uk-packaging.html)

haz1987 16th March 2011 03:21 PM

UK packaging

I emailed freemantle to ask about vol's 1 and 3 being reissued in the clear plastic dvd cases like 2,4,5 and 6 and they said they are still in digipaks at present but should be in clear cases late summer. Also they wont have to worry about running out of pictures to put on the slimpacks now, i guess they will just use screenshots like the previous sets on the back of the dvd cover so the pictures relate to each volume.

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th March 2011 06:03 PM

I was pleasantly surprised to find vol 5 in a thick amaray plastic case. Lovely.

mr 420 17th March 2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 136090)
I was pleasantly surprised to find vol 5 in a thick amaray plastic case. Lovely.

I agree with you there. You don't want the 8 dvds floating about inside like they were in a pool of water. The new casing is definitely the way to go.:nod:

Robert 19th March 2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haz1987 (Post 136061)
I emailed freemantle to ask about vol's 1 and 3 being reissued in the clear plastic dvd cases like 2,4,5 and 6 and they said they are still in digipaks at present but should be in clear cases late summer. Also they wont have to worry about running out of pictures to put on the slimpacks now, i guess they will just use screenshots like the previous sets on the back of the dvd cover so the pictures relate to each volume.

Do you mean they plan to go back to how volume 1 is packaged in seperate slim line dvd cases within one big box??

haz1987 19th March 2011 12:02 PM

no their ditching the slim pack ones in the cardboard packaging in favor of the clear plastic ones but atleast they will all match now, plus will be cheaper to make.

Robert 19th March 2011 12:36 PM

ok i get what you are saying now lol

waldo 28th March 2011 12:42 AM

i've seen one box set issued in both digipak and clear plastic.. my local HMV in London had them. it was either volume 2 or 3. i was annoyed because it was different to the one Amazon had shipped me. it must have been volume 2 because i have that in clear plastic, my 1 and 3 are digipaks and i wanted them all to match. this was before i had purchased Volume 4. i like the digipaks better you see but i'm not fussed.

haz1987 2nd April 2011 10:59 AM

i ordered volumes 4 and 5 from different suppliers and both came damaged the plastic disc holder joints have cracked on both volumes and are rattling around in the cases. they either got damaged in transit or the new plastic cases are just poorly made. looks like i have to send them back and order replacements, please don't come damaged again :(

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd April 2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haz1987 (Post 140398)
i ordered volumes 4 and 5 from different suppliers and both came damaged the plastic disc holder joints have cracked on both volumes and are rattling around in the cases. they either got damaged in transit or the new plastic cases are just poorly made. looks like i have to send them back and order replacements, please don't come damaged again :(

Not so good haz. Fingers crossed for undamaged replacements.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th April 2011 08:15 PM

I had a similar experience with my Volume 5 - haz; one of the plastic disc holding joints had shattered, meaning that my discs were sliding around inside.