Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The UK DVD Box Sets

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 16th March 2011, 03:21 PM
haz1987's Avatar
Cultist in Training
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default UK packaging

I emailed freemantle to ask about vol's 1 and 3 being reissued in the clear plastic dvd cases like 2,4,5 and 6 and they said they are still in digipaks at present but should be in clear cases late summer. Also they wont have to worry about running out of pictures to put on the slimpacks now, i guess they will just use screenshots like the previous sets on the back of the dvd cover so the pictures relate to each volume.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16th March 2011, 06:03 PM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

I was pleasantly surprised to find vol 5 in a thick amaray plastic case. Lovely.
__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 17th March 2011, 10:02 AM
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Borehole 10-X
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I was pleasantly surprised to find vol 5 in a thick amaray plastic case. Lovely.
I agree with you there. You don't want the 8 dvds floating about inside like they were in a pool of water. The new casing is definitely the way to go.
__________________
The Church Of What's Happening Now.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 19th March 2011, 10:14 AM
Robert's Avatar
Cultist
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz1987 View Post
I emailed freemantle to ask about vol's 1 and 3 being reissued in the clear plastic dvd cases like 2,4,5 and 6 and they said they are still in digipaks at present but should be in clear cases late summer. Also they wont have to worry about running out of pictures to put on the slimpacks now, i guess they will just use screenshots like the previous sets on the back of the dvd cover so the pictures relate to each volume.
Do you mean they plan to go back to how volume 1 is packaged in seperate slim line dvd cases within one big box??
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 19th March 2011, 12:02 PM
haz1987's Avatar
Cultist in Training
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default

no their ditching the slim pack ones in the cardboard packaging in favor of the clear plastic ones but atleast they will all match now, plus will be cheaper to make.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 19th March 2011, 12:36 PM
Robert's Avatar
Cultist
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default

ok i get what you are saying now lol
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 28th March 2011, 12:42 AM
waldo's Avatar
Cultist in Training
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London
Default

i've seen one box set issued in both digipak and clear plastic.. my local HMV in London had them. it was either volume 2 or 3. i was annoyed because it was different to the one Amazon had shipped me. it must have been volume 2 because i have that in clear plastic, my 1 and 3 are digipaks and i wanted them all to match. this was before i had purchased Volume 4. i like the digipaks better you see but i'm not fussed.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2nd April 2011, 10:59 AM
haz1987's Avatar
Cultist in Training
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default

i ordered volumes 4 and 5 from different suppliers and both came damaged the plastic disc holder joints have cracked on both volumes and are rattling around in the cases. they either got damaged in transit or the new plastic cases are just poorly made. looks like i have to send them back and order replacements, please don't come damaged again
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2nd April 2011, 01:27 PM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz1987 View Post
i ordered volumes 4 and 5 from different suppliers and both came damaged the plastic disc holder joints have cracked on both volumes and are rattling around in the cases. they either got damaged in transit or the new plastic cases are just poorly made. looks like i have to send them back and order replacements, please don't come damaged again
Not so good haz. Fingers crossed for undamaged replacements.
__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 4th April 2011, 08:15 PM
bizarre_eye@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Black Lodge
Blog Entries: 3
Default

I had a similar experience with my Volume 5 - haz; one of the plastic disc holding joints had shattered, meaning that my discs were sliding around inside.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.