Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The UK DVD Box Sets
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th March 2009, 12:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I cant get that bloody song out my head now! I suppose its better than the goodies ' Funky gibbon' that was stuck in my head over the weekend...actually its not.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 10th March 2009, 12:55 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Same here - I found myself humming it to the photocopier!
Old 10th March 2009, 03:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

They showed Prisoner right the way through in the Yorkshire / Tyne Tees area where I live. Altough I was only ever allowed to stay up and watch it during school holidays etc. I'm glad there's a thread on here to do with Prisoner, it was and still is one of my favourite tv shows of all time. It makes me laugh, it makes me cry, sometimes it annoys me but ultimately Bea, Judy, Lizzie, Myra, Bobby, Rita, Lou, Alice, Vera, Erica, Ann, Cass, The Freak, Jim entertain me.
Old 10th March 2009, 04:01 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Jim and his moustache - he was seriously unhip - I loved it when you got to see them in tight casual knitted gear in their weirdo homes - ah how I laughed!

I tell you that show had moments of twisted sickness that could turn you cold and that's what other people just don't see - you gotta hang in there.
Old 10th March 2009, 04:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

As a kid my ITV station was Yorkshire too so it's nice to see someone else who shared the same adventure as me.

Frank Burke (or Jerk as I used to call him) was a real nasty bastard. Remember when he shot both of the English prison guard's knee-caps?

My favourite character was always Joan Ferguson, I was always cheering her on . Oh and again the ending song is a lovely song, really really nice and that's coming from a lifelong lover of metal . It really fitted in with the relief you felt at the end credits when the guard was locking up for the night.
Old 10th March 2009, 04:13 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

You certainly knew it was time for bed once that song came on - especially if it was on 5!
Old 10th March 2009, 04:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

At the time I was being rebellious by staying up so late. It finished at 12ish and straight after it was bed time, I took ages to nod off though because I was still digesting all I had seen .

Almar, you said earlier about Glasgow Tower Records... are you Scotch?
Old 10th March 2009, 04:37 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Almar, you said earlier about Glasgow Tower Records... are you Scotch?
Like the drink?

Scottish would be more like it! Icelandic parents (no I don't have your council's money!) but grew-up in Scotland - Edinburgh then Glasgow for my uni years and beyond. The shite weather ensured enough time for me to rent enough dodgy videos to end up doing what I do now!
Old 10th March 2009, 04:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well no because Scotch Whiskey and the like was invented by Scotch people.

Anyway do you know if it'll only be 2 volumes per year for Fremantle/Prisoner? I've worked it out at 22 volumes so it's gonna take us 11 years to get the full set .
Old 10th March 2009, 04:49 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Scottish people don't usually take too kindly to the word 'Scotch' - rather an American term.

As for the release strategy I have no idea - I work on a lot of stuff for Fremantle but bizarrely not Prisoner but I'll be grubbing about for more info - after all I have my late-night viewing to consider!

Like this? Share it using the links below!