Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The UK DVD Box Sets
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th February 2011, 08:15 PM
Cult Rookie

Absolutely! Now that the sets are easy to get, they're also the perfect gifts for friends who've never seen Prisoner too. I've converted a few mates now that way! ;-)
Old 19th February 2011, 11:26 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I know I can probably find the answer easily on tinternet, but i'll ask the fans here. So we're almost at volume 7. How many eipsodes are there per boxset? I can imagine there will be quite a few sets to get through the 600 odd episodes.
I think it's about 30 episodes a set Stephen.
Old 19th February 2011, 12:22 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
I think it's about 30 episodes a set Stephen.
32. The first 160 episodes are out now, with 161-192 due on Monday, and 193-224 in April. Which, rather wonderfully, means that Vol 7 will end on Vera's final episode, and Vol 13 will end on my favourite cliffhanger!
Old 19th February 2011, 06:43 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Looks like Prisoner fans have still got a lot of episodes to look forward to. I don't think the dvds would've sold as well if they had tried the same release strategy as the Australian dvds. The UK dvds seem to have it spot on.
Old 19th February 2011, 07:05 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Looks like Prisoner fans have still got a lot of episodes to look forward to. I don't think the dvds would've sold as well if they had tried the same release strategy as the Australian dvds. The UK dvds seem to have it spot on.
I WANTED that Aussie suitcase when I heard about it but the price was so staggering it was a no-go and has remained so - the UK DVDs are far better as payment plans go!
Old 20th February 2011, 10:17 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Delighted about this forum

I am delighted that the DVD releases are getting a forum. I have been eagerly and anxiously awaiting news of when a new set is being released. Last year the number of box sets was slightly disappointing. Good to know that more are planned for this year. I also believe that set 7 is going to have some extras on it again. I think that some more publicity for the box set series would be a good idea.
Although not Prisoner related, there are other Australian TV series that I would like to see released on DVD. The SF series Phoenix 5 would be a good one and if it was released by the same company then perhaps an advert for that in SFX Magazine could also include an advert for the Prisoner series too. I would also like to see released on DVD - the 1965 TV series The Stranger( which was also an Australian SF series) and The Adventures of the Seaspray( another 60s series this time made in colour).
Old 21st February 2011, 09:29 AM
Cult Addict

Delighted to have you here IanKmcL!
Old 21st February 2011, 10:30 AM
Cult Rookie

Many thanks for that kind welcome.
Old 21st February 2011, 10:31 AM
Cult Addict

No probs, bud. You won't find a friendlier bunch of people than on here.
Old 21st February 2011, 03:08 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
I WANTED that Aussie suitcase when I heard about it but the price was so staggering it was a no-go and has remained so - the UK DVDs are far better as payment plans go!
Same here. Couldn't afford to pay that sum in one go but the price of the UK boxsets is more than manageable. I could easily afford a more frequent release pattern as well!

Like this? Share it using the links below!