Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The UK DVD Box Sets

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th March 2011, 06:17 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Just wait Stephen, it gets even better. The Storyline revolving around Kay White is a beaut! I'm onto the episodes with drug smuggler Tracy Morris now and they (the episodes) are absolutely fantastic.
Excellent. Looking forward to the rest of the set.
Old 18th March 2011, 06:32 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Excellent. Looking forward to the rest of the set.
I'm limiting myself to an episode a night. The temptation to sit down and watch lots of episodes is always there, but this way it keeps it exciting (I mean the episodes dont blur into one after 5 hours of viewing).
Old 8th April 2011, 07:29 PM
Cultist in Training

its my first time watching prisoner and love it! i started last week and am only at episode 22; catherine roberts has just been sentenced to 3 years, doreen is putting on a tough act and lizzie visited her dying brother.
Old 9th April 2011, 06:57 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Well that's me finally finished vol 5 and great stuff it was too. I'll be making a start on vol 6 very soon. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Old 10th April 2011, 10:36 AM
Cultist in Training

i've just started box set 6.. 5th episode in now. the women are plotting a big escape.
Old 19th April 2011, 07:38 AM
Cult Rookie

Default Love the UK releases

Hi ALL

Just joined the forum. Am LOVING ! the UK dvds.
I only started watching prisoner about half way through when i discovered it when i was about 15. I used to tape it when it was on in my ITV region meridian at about 11pm way past my bedtime! lol. Have never seen all these early episodes though, so loving it.
Was gutted when doctor Greg left though. Hes georgeous hehe, and like the way he was always dishing out 'mild sedatives'. I love Margo as well, think she should have been given more storylines, maybe they are to come i hope.
How many leaving parties do they throw and all be teary with the sad music, then that person is back inside the next day lol Mostly doreen and lizzie, love em.
Wish there wasnt such a big gap between DVD release though. Eagerly awaiting the Freaks arrival.
Hope everybody keeps buying and maybe they will speed up releases.

Jez
Old 30th June 2011, 05:37 AM
Cult Rookie

Default "Prisoner" UK dvds VS. American televisions....

I don't know if i'm the only one from America who has bought the "Prisoner" dvds from the UK...I'm more than sure im not. I wanted to know if anyone else was having the same video problems as I am. I don't know if it's because the dvds are in PAL format and my television is NSTC...but the quality is really bad. It's like watching an old 70's vhs tape. Whenever there is a scene taking place at night, the picture pretty much disappears. It's upsetting because I love this show and I wanted to get the rest, but not if every episode is going to look like this. Can someone please help...
Old 30th June 2011, 09:55 AM
Cultist in Training

the lighting in alot of the early episodes shot in the cells was very dark. they were shot like that. i have been noticing it even with my PAL system in the UK. alter the settings on your television.. turn up the brightness. it could be an NTSC problem. the lighting gets better .. i dunno.. i'm guessing 20-30 ?? episodes in.. i guess the show had more of a budget.
Old 30th June 2011, 11:07 PM
Cult Rookie

I seem to recall episode 83 (I think - it's the one after Janet D's friends shoot Erica) was of a noticeably better quality than most of the others. However...

I have two DVD players. On one of them, the picture quality is rotten (pixellated, colours too bright, dark scenes too dark), but on the other one, the show looks fine. Have you tried playing the discs on more than one machine?

Blocky does have a lot of *very* underlit scenes, it's true.
Old 11th July 2011, 01:47 AM
Cultist in Training

Default dark scenes

I dunno, but for me, some of those earlier darker scenes add some atmosphere to the proceedings. i prefer that kind of subdued lighting for some scenes.

Like this? Share it using the links below!