Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The UK DVD Box Sets

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th May 2009, 03:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Ebay (Aus) about £390 just under a year ago.It was cheap as Volumes 1 & 2 were Missing from the set Not sure if the seller lost them or if it was a manufacturers Mistake. I purchased volume 1 (Uk) 1-32 and then I had the lot anyway
Old 25th June 2009, 10:45 AM
Cultist

Our review of the second volume is now online...

http://www.dvdactive.com/reviews/dvd...-volume-2.html

Nick & I have finally gotten the hang of inserting captions when you hover over the pictures...

Kev W
Old 25th June 2009, 02:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I have all 692 Aus Volumes But I will be buying The Edna pearson episodes "IF" the Uk release gets that far as we do not have that law meaning said eps will be cut.

The Uk seem to be slow and have no fixed release schedule Like once a month etc Like Aus did, with the over hanging uncertainty for the Uk buyers of getting anymore even if so not all.

I picked up a copy in HMV today and looked at it, I am glad to see the artwork on The Uk Volume 2 is now releveant to episodes inside.

Uk Vol 1 had pictures of the freak In The great fire Joan don't even come into it till Ep 287 & the fire 326!!, hardly useful to episodes 1-32

Anyway I noticed on Uk Vol 2 Jean Vernon which is relevent Eps 47-52, and Doreen's bloody Nose after Bea clouts her, For thoose who do not have the Aus set like myself, I recommend The Uk set 2, It contains some great episodes including the arrival Of Fletch,Po Face & Judy Nunn (Ailsa Stewart) Playing Joyce martin and that Excellent Troublesome Money Storyline that runs from 40-47
Old 3rd July 2009, 03:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Episodes 41-44 have been cleared by the BBFC as PG's today. I think Volume 3 might be on it's way! I knew I should have held off buying the Aussie release, I'm onto episode 603 now.
Old 25th September 2009, 10:13 PM
Cultist

Episodes 65-96 of Prisoner Cell Block H have been passed by the BBFC this week, so the third volume must be coming out on Region 2 soon.
Old 28th September 2009, 06:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Early November WaveCrest, sales of the previous volumes are steady apparently so there may be more volumes to come.
Old 28th September 2009, 06:32 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Did you get the feedback you needed Jamiouse? I had passed on your comments but as I'm not working on the titles couldn't push much.
Old 28th September 2009, 08:07 PM
Cultist

There are three Prisoner Cell Block H cast members appearing at Memorabilia in November for the show's 30th anniversary:

Val Lehman
Gerard McGuire
and Fiona Spence.

I'm hoping they can get Maggie Kirkpatrick to attend as well.

Last edited by WaveCrest; 28th September 2009 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Needed editing.
Old 29th September 2009, 09:26 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Did you get the feedback you needed Jamiouse? I had passed on your comments but as I'm not working on the titles couldn't push much.
Not a bean Almar, it's very confusing with this 'Edna Special' nothing has been officially announced it was mentioned on the OTI Website and another forum member picked up the release date on Amazon. If the 'special' is covering the censored Edna Pearson episodes it should be about 5-7 episodes in total which would have a much longer running time than 220 minutes. It's all very silent on the Special front, even the Noble PR website hasn't got any info yet. It appears that Freemantle are doing there own sweet thing.
Old 22nd November 2010, 07:52 PM
Seasoned Cultist

hi,i also loved cell block and would love to own the lot but they are so expensive!
why?

Like this? Share it using the links below!