Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The UK DVD Box Sets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th March 2011, 03:21 PM
Cultist in Training

Default UK packaging

I emailed freemantle to ask about vol's 1 and 3 being reissued in the clear plastic dvd cases like 2,4,5 and 6 and they said they are still in digipaks at present but should be in clear cases late summer. Also they wont have to worry about running out of pictures to put on the slimpacks now, i guess they will just use screenshots like the previous sets on the back of the dvd cover so the pictures relate to each volume.
Old 16th March 2011, 06:03 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I was pleasantly surprised to find vol 5 in a thick amaray plastic case. Lovely.
Old 17th March 2011, 10:02 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I was pleasantly surprised to find vol 5 in a thick amaray plastic case. Lovely.
I agree with you there. You don't want the 8 dvds floating about inside like they were in a pool of water. The new casing is definitely the way to go.
Old 19th March 2011, 10:14 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz1987 View Post
I emailed freemantle to ask about vol's 1 and 3 being reissued in the clear plastic dvd cases like 2,4,5 and 6 and they said they are still in digipaks at present but should be in clear cases late summer. Also they wont have to worry about running out of pictures to put on the slimpacks now, i guess they will just use screenshots like the previous sets on the back of the dvd cover so the pictures relate to each volume.
Do you mean they plan to go back to how volume 1 is packaged in seperate slim line dvd cases within one big box??
Old 19th March 2011, 12:02 PM
Cultist in Training

no their ditching the slim pack ones in the cardboard packaging in favor of the clear plastic ones but atleast they will all match now, plus will be cheaper to make.
Old 19th March 2011, 12:36 PM
Cultist

ok i get what you are saying now lol
Old 28th March 2011, 12:42 AM
Cultist in Training

i've seen one box set issued in both digipak and clear plastic.. my local HMV in London had them. it was either volume 2 or 3. i was annoyed because it was different to the one Amazon had shipped me. it must have been volume 2 because i have that in clear plastic, my 1 and 3 are digipaks and i wanted them all to match. this was before i had purchased Volume 4. i like the digipaks better you see but i'm not fussed.
Old 2nd April 2011, 10:59 AM
Cultist in Training

i ordered volumes 4 and 5 from different suppliers and both came damaged the plastic disc holder joints have cracked on both volumes and are rattling around in the cases. they either got damaged in transit or the new plastic cases are just poorly made. looks like i have to send them back and order replacements, please don't come damaged again
Old 2nd April 2011, 01:27 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz1987 View Post
i ordered volumes 4 and 5 from different suppliers and both came damaged the plastic disc holder joints have cracked on both volumes and are rattling around in the cases. they either got damaged in transit or the new plastic cases are just poorly made. looks like i have to send them back and order replacements, please don't come damaged again
Not so good haz. Fingers crossed for undamaged replacements.
Old 4th April 2011, 08:15 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I had a similar experience with my Volume 5 - haz; one of the plastic disc holding joints had shattered, meaning that my discs were sliding around inside.

Like this? Share it using the links below!