Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The UK DVD Box Sets (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Complete Box Set??? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/uk-dvd-box-sets/9411-complete-box-set.html)

jonthomas83 4th September 2012 11:20 AM

Complete Box Set???

Hi All, great to be here.

I'm a self confessed completist, and I've been patiently waiting for the entire set to be released with the hope of being able to buy a "complete box set".

I know we're nearly finished now and I'd love this to happen, is there any likelihood of a limited complete box set release? Including the Edna Pearson episodes.

Many thanks for your time,
Jonathan

ScottishMermaid 17th December 2012 08:06 PM

I don't know the answer to this question but I really hope so! However, I imagine it will be far too expensive for me!

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th December 2012 08:14 PM

I'd end up in Wentworth If I wanted to buy a complete Prisoner box set. I'd need to rob a bank to pay for it. :D

jamie_leigh44 19th December 2012 11:54 AM

Good luck to ya, but i doubt that the Edna Pearson Eps will be put back into the set, you may get the extra bonus disk but i wouldn't count on that either. what we're getting here with the released volumes is just the Australian disks with different packaging and two volumes per their one. (so instead of having 40 volumes like in Oz, we'll have 20) and our released volumes completely cut the Edna Storyline which wasn't as heavily censored here even back then.

To be honest, i found the Edna storyline (i borrowed the extra disk) to be a bit of a disappointment, we weren't missing much, except quite a lot happens to Marlene (for the stupidest of reasons!)- i will get a copy for myself at some point, just for continuity, but Enda's storyline was not that gripping in my opinion.

And yes, i can imagine if they release the box set it'll be extremely expensive, but probably still cheaper than the amount I've been paying per set since it began... (a quick calculation says i've spent about £450 for 17 volumes!!!! possibly more... ) not to mention the wait between volumes! lol. it'd be cheaper, i reckon to start picking up the earlier sets now, while they're down in price a bit online.

Hope you're able to get them tho, it's great watching, and i could watch again and again! :nod:

JL

ScottishMermaid 20th December 2012 05:58 PM

I'd love to get a nice case for my collection. If they release just a case then I will be happy, lol.

The~Governor 21st December 2012 06:54 PM

Yes I'd imagine that if they do release a complete set it will probably work out cheaper than buying the individual boxsets.

I'm not sure that they'll do it though although a complete set of the original series of Dallas recently came out so you never know.

masdawg 22nd December 2012 06:18 PM

They released a Limited Edition Complete Collection boxset in Australia a few years ago - 692 episodes, 174 Discs! - Apparently the largest boxset in the world!

I was trying to find a rough price for this, but they all just say "currently unavailable", etc. I am sure in the past I saw it retailed at around AU$2,000.

I found an unboxing video for it on youtube here:

Unboxing The Biggest DVD Boxset Ever! - Youtube

ScottishMermaid 30th December 2012 10:38 PM

Yes, they were available a few years ago because I remember finding them prior to the British box sets being available...it cost over £1,000 which was just too much money for me at the time...then to my delight, the British box sets started being released! Thank Goodness!! I would still love to have a nice case for them though heehee.