Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The UK DVD Box Sets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th October 2012, 12:00 AM
Cult Rookie

Default Edits due to tape damage

I only recently started watching the DVDs, from ep 1, I'm up to ep 129. I'm impressed with the picture/sound quality but I'm slightly concerned by the edits due to tape damage, not so much the DVD edits, I can live with those but I was wondering if anything is being done to repair the damage so that the episodes can be preserved unedited. For example, are undamaged broadcast quality copies being returned (to Australia) from overseas (UK etc) so that the damaged sections can be patched up?

WIth a bit of work (by Shock?), every episode could be preserved unedited and in pristine condition. Lines flashing across the picture (caused by tape dropouts) could be completely concealed, hiss and glitches on the soundtracks could be removed.

Trev
Old 30th October 2012, 12:31 AM
Cultist

they used bad masters - and the originals are locked away in australia and may not have this tape damage
although I am not sure what you mean as such..what good is it to us now having tapes that aren't damaged when its all been released on dvd?
Old 30th October 2012, 08:40 PM
Cult Rookie

Just that I hope that every episode can be preserved unedited and in pristine condition for the future. Future broadcasts could then be shown uncut and any possible re-release on DVD (or other format, such as Internet downloads) could also be uncut.

Trev

Like this? Share it using the links below!