Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th May 2008, 05:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Default Cannibal Holocaust (1980)

According to HMV Cannibal Holocaust is to be re released soon and are taken pre orders.
Does anyone know who's releasing it or if its the same version as the VIPCO versions.
Old 26th May 2008, 06:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Can't say I've heard of any re-submission and even if there was it's bound to end up with the same cuts as before. Unlikely to be a more complete version, Vipco.
Old 26th May 2008, 07:01 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Thanks Angel, i'll order a copy anyway as I always like a few copies of each of the cannibal films I own.
I wonder who's releasing it as the last BBFC submission was by one Michael Lee.
I wonder if Mikes releasing a few of the VIPCO titles himself as his name appears as the last submission name for a very small few , better known VIPCO titles.

Last edited by vipco; 26th May 2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 26th May 2008, 10:09 PM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I wonder who's releasing it as the last BBFC submission was by one Michael Lee. I wonder if Mikes releasing a few of the VIPCO titles himself as his name appears as the last submission name for a very small few , better known VIPCO titles.
Erm, vipco, Michael Lee is the founder and owner of VIPCO...

Don't know who's handling the re-release though.
Old 26th May 2008, 11:31 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Apparently the film is being re-released by Blackhorse Entertainment on July 28th.
Old 27th May 2008, 12:12 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gore64 View Post
Erm, vipco, Michael Lee is the founder and owner of VIPCO...

Don't know who's handling the re-release though.
I know Mike is the founder of VIPCO, I meant that most of their submission's to the BBFC were through Horror Video UK with the exception of Holocaust and a few choice titles, with VIPCO folding I wondered if Mike was still gonna release titles that his name was on.
I had a long conversation with him in the 90's when they were releasing the Cult Classics VHS and i'd hate to think that he was no longer in the film business as his enthusiasm for the films he talked about was very genuine .

The first Holocaust release release was through Horror Video and it was a dull english print but the 25th Ed. was a Euro print with vastly superior colour quality, so I thought / hoped he was still doing the business .

July 28th Vince, thanks. This is gonna be a good sumer for me with Holocaust re released in July and NBZ in August. If I'd one more thing and it woulda been perfect.

Last edited by vipco; 27th May 2008 at 12:19 AM.
Old 27th May 2008, 10:29 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Apparently Blackhorse Ent are JEF Films .

Anybody familiar with them.?
I was told to expect quality similar to a VHS rip.
Old 27th May 2008, 04:50 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That's what you CAN e xpect vips,.....what's NBZ?
Old 27th May 2008, 06:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

That somebody is bothering with releasing a dodgy release of "CH" on UK shores should proove though that there's still some money to make of these flicks even in their trimmed, BBFC approved state.
Old 27th May 2008, 06:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

The question is though, why bother? It's still easily available in stores, do we really need another VHS quality, censored version of this clogging up the shelves? Seems rather pointless if you ask me, unless they plan to sell it for 2 quid or something.

Like this? Share it using the links below!