Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Venus In Furs
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th October 2009, 06:15 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Venus in Furs - double cover

Hello to everybody!

Taking a look at the DVD online shops I discovered that the "Venus In Furs" movie has been released by Shameless with two different covers.

Basically it is the same image but with some differences.

In both cases it is possible to view Laura Antonelli managing a whip.

But one image is a picture and the other one is a draw on a blue background.

Now, I would like to know which cover as been released first (the draw? the image?) and in which year (both in 2007 or not?).

Help from forumists will be appreciated.

Regards.

Linus60
Old 26th October 2009, 07:40 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The blue cover is the only one that was released.The other one wasn't the final cover.
Old 26th October 2009, 10:37 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
The blue cover is the only one that was released.The other one wasn't the final cover.
What does it mean? Maybe that the other cover/sleeve has never been used even if many shops display it on their on line catalogues?

If so, why the never-published sleeve is commonly used on Internet to publicize the "Venus in Furs" DVD by Shameless as well as the "blue" one?

A mistake, an error?

Linus60
Old 26th October 2009, 10:44 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yes the other cover wasn't used but some online shops still show it instead of the blue one for some reason
Old 26th October 2009, 11:03 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Yeah this is a hangover from the days when we'd give websites a temporary sleeve to display instead of nothing... the only problem is it's then almost impossible to get it changed. We don't do temp covers anymore!
Old 27th October 2009, 10:43 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah this is a hangover from the days when we'd give websites a temporary sleeve to display instead of nothing... the only problem is it's then almost impossible to get it changed. We don't do temp covers anymore!
Thanks for your answer. As a film collector I only wanted to know if two different covers were published in order to get both DVDs.

Of course, I already own the one with the blue background.

About the italian DVD released by Surf Video entitled "Le Malizie di Venere", to whom that can be interested in it, be informed that it is a movie published in Italy in 1975 under the censorship rules.

So, the movie was ri-edited including some scenes filmed in a law court. The result is something basically different from the original movie and plot.

About the uncut Japan release, to whom that can be interested in it, two DVDs had been released in that country: one with unremovable japanese subtitles by ICV (2002) and another one with REMOVABLE subtitles by ACCESS-A - JETT RINK (2004). Both are currently available on online stores.

Linus60
Old 12th March 2011, 04:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I have just seen on Amazon that Redemption are releasing this film again on May 16th, along with several others in new sleeve designs.

Does this mean Shameless no longer own the right to this title.?
Old 12th March 2011, 07:09 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I have just seen on Amazon that Redemption are releasing this film again on May 16th, along with several others in new sleeve designs.

Does this mean Shameless no longer own the right to this title.?
Chances are they're releasing the Jess Franco film of the same title. Not seen it myself but every time I purchase a film from Shameless I tend to do a little on-line research and came across that little fact. Hope this is of some help
Old 12th March 2011, 07:44 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skankenstoned View Post
Chances are they're releasing the Jess Franco film of the same title. Not seen it myself but every time I purchase a film from Shameless I tend to do a little on-line research and came across that little fact. Hope this is of some help
Thanks for that, i had no idea there were two versions , its not a film i am particularly interested in, just got it to go with the other Shameless titles
Old 14th March 2011, 02:37 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Thanks for that, i had no idea there were two versions , its not a film i am particularly interested in, just got it to go with the other Shameless titles
To be fair I felt the same & only really bought it to complete my Shameless collection but after viewing it, I found I really liked it & it's become one my favourite Shameless releases to date.

Much better than Jess Franco's version IMO.

You make it easy.

Like this? Share it using the links below!