Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   VHS & Exploitation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=573)
-   -   Recommend me some pinky violence/japanese exploitation! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/vhs-exploitation/10008-recommend-me-some-pinky-violence-japanese-exploitation.html)

harryd 24th November 2012 03:14 PM

Recommend me some pinky violence/japanese exploitation!

Hi, just looking for some films to pick up, I say pinky violence but really any old preferably 70s jap exploitation..things along the line of lone wolf and cub, street fighter, hanzo, lady snowblood etc..really love these films but finding it hard to find info on others? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

pedromonkey 24th November 2012 03:57 PM

Kinji Fukasaku's series of Yakuza films from the 70s are a great bunch of films,

Graveyard Of Honour
Japan Organized Crime Boss
Cops Vs Thugs
Yakuza Graveyard
Street Mobster

also the Female prisoner Scorpion Collection is a definite purchase.

harryd 24th November 2012 04:20 PM

cheers mate! Also just came across shogun's samurai...not sure how I didn't already know of it though :\ some pretty good deals on amazon marketplace too!

Susan Foreman 24th November 2012 04:32 PM

Here's quite a useful book:

Eros in Hell: Sex, Blood and Madness in Japanese Cinema Creation Cinema Collection: Amazon.co.uk: Jack Hunter: Books

The price is a bit nasty tho!

harryd 24th November 2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 295223)

hmm £14.99 used isn't too bad I guess, compared to some I've seen for these kinda books. The price for it new is mental though. just have to wait till i get more money :happy:

Make Them Die Slowly 24th November 2012 10:33 PM

'A Lonely Cow Weeps at Dawn'. Sounds like something that would play your local art cinema but is in fact a pinky about dementia, loss, grief and a woman pretending to be a cow and allowing an old man to milk her!

ThePopeofCOSDS 25th November 2012 12:24 AM

Try the Hanzo The Razor series. Also I think Synapse snagged that Pinky Violence Collection after Panik House went under. I'd tell you they were good, but I haven't opened mine yet :lol:. Also, the Angel Guts series.

Scyther 25th November 2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 295217)
Kinji Fukasaku's series of Yakuza films from the 70s are a great bunch of films,

Graveyard Of Honour
Japan Organized Crime Boss
Cops Vs Thugs
Yakuza Graveyard
Street Mobster

also the Female prisoner Scorpion Collection is a definite purchase.

What he and The Pope Said. :) Also, Terrifying Girls High School Sex and Fury Bohachi Bushido and Femake Yakuza Tale. The Panik House box is a bit pricy, but worth every penny!

pedromonkey 26th November 2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scyther (Post 295455)
What he and The Pope Said. :) Also, Terrifying Girls High School Sex and Fury Bohachi Bushido and Femake Yakuza Tale. The Panik House box is a bit pricy, but worth every penny!

Yeah can't go wrong with Sex and Fury and Female Yakuza Tale. I you want some retro 60s style Japanese flicks Branded To Kill and Tokyo Drifter are class films.

Sam@Cult Labs 26th November 2012 03:58 PM

Any/all Female Prisoner Scorpion
Stray Cay Rock
Sex & Zen
Female Yakuza Tale
School of the Holy Beast
Wet Rope
Terrifying Girl's High School.

Wild Card: Not really in the genre, but Emperor Tomato Ketchup is pretty insane.