Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   VHS & Exploitation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=573)
-   -   Recommend me some pinky violence/japanese exploitation! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/vhs-exploitation/10008-recommend-me-some-pinky-violence-japanese-exploitation.html)

harryd 24th November 2012 03:14 PM

Recommend me some pinky violence/japanese exploitation!

Hi, just looking for some films to pick up, I say pinky violence but really any old preferably 70s jap exploitation..things along the line of lone wolf and cub, street fighter, hanzo, lady snowblood etc..really love these films but finding it hard to find info on others? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

pedromonkey 24th November 2012 03:57 PM

Kinji Fukasaku's series of Yakuza films from the 70s are a great bunch of films,

Graveyard Of Honour
Japan Organized Crime Boss
Cops Vs Thugs
Yakuza Graveyard
Street Mobster

also the Female prisoner Scorpion Collection is a definite purchase.

harryd 24th November 2012 04:20 PM

cheers mate! Also just came across shogun's samurai...not sure how I didn't already know of it though :\ some pretty good deals on amazon marketplace too!

Susan Foreman 24th November 2012 04:32 PM

Here's quite a useful book:

Eros in Hell: Sex, Blood and Madness in Japanese Cinema Creation Cinema Collection: Amazon.co.uk: Jack Hunter: Books

The price is a bit nasty tho!

harryd 24th November 2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 295223)

hmm £14.99 used isn't too bad I guess, compared to some I've seen for these kinda books. The price for it new is mental though. just have to wait till i get more money :happy:

Make Them Die Slowly 24th November 2012 10:33 PM

'A Lonely Cow Weeps at Dawn'. Sounds like something that would play your local art cinema but is in fact a pinky about dementia, loss, grief and a woman pretending to be a cow and allowing an old man to milk her!

ThePopeofCOSDS 25th November 2012 12:24 AM

Try the Hanzo The Razor series. Also I think Synapse snagged that Pinky Violence Collection after Panik House went under. I'd tell you they were good, but I haven't opened mine yet :lol:. Also, the Angel Guts series.

Scyther 25th November 2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 295217)
Kinji Fukasaku's series of Yakuza films from the 70s are a great bunch of films,

Graveyard Of Honour
Japan Organized Crime Boss
Cops Vs Thugs
Yakuza Graveyard
Street Mobster

also the Female prisoner Scorpion Collection is a definite purchase.

What he and The Pope Said. :) Also, Terrifying Girls High School Sex and Fury Bohachi Bushido and Femake Yakuza Tale. The Panik House box is a bit pricy, but worth every penny!

pedromonkey 26th November 2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scyther (Post 295455)
What he and The Pope Said. :) Also, Terrifying Girls High School Sex and Fury Bohachi Bushido and Femake Yakuza Tale. The Panik House box is a bit pricy, but worth every penny!

Yeah can't go wrong with Sex and Fury and Female Yakuza Tale. I you want some retro 60s style Japanese flicks Branded To Kill and Tokyo Drifter are class films.

Sam@Cult Labs 26th November 2012 03:58 PM

Any/all Female Prisoner Scorpion
Stray Cay Rock
Sex & Zen
Female Yakuza Tale
School of the Holy Beast
Wet Rope
Terrifying Girl's High School.

Wild Card: Not really in the genre, but Emperor Tomato Ketchup is pretty insane.

Sam@Cult Labs 26th November 2012 03:59 PM

Seconding Hanzo The Razor.

Lone Wolf & Cub goes Sexploitation. Funk music and samurai swords. A training montage that has to be seen to be believed.

bdc 26th November 2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam@Cult Labs (Post 295730)
Sex & Zen

That's not a Japanese film. ;)
Good one though.

Frankie Teardrop 26th November 2012 08:49 PM

ASSAULT! JACK THE RIPPER.

harryd 27th November 2012 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam@Cult Labs (Post 295730)
Any/all Female Prisoner Scorpion

Wild Card: Not really in the genre, but Emperor Tomato Ketchup is pretty insane.

Just looked up this one...wtf?! Was expecting it to be some kinda fun/campy violence, but this looks ****ed! hahahaha

ThePopeofCOSDS 29th November 2012 04:25 AM

I just watched a Chinese film tonight called The Rapist that's (surprise!!!) plenty sleazy.

- Razor88

Macintosh_Metal_Rod 30th November 2012 01:06 PM

Hard Revenge Milly or something???? It was a double feature 60 mins a piece, saw it in theaters and it was some fine damn pink films imo...

also check out:
Robogeisha
Machine Girl
?????

Macintosh_Metal_Rod 30th November 2012 01:28 PM

Kill Bill Vol. 1,2????

harryd 30th November 2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macintosh_Metal_Rod (Post 296919)
Kill Bill Vol. 1,2????

hmm might give em a go at the right price, never really managed to get into tarantino's stuff..prefer the grittiness of the 70s!

bdc 30th November 2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePopeofCOSDS (Post 296516)
I just watched a Chinese film tonight called The Rapist that's (surprise!!!) plenty sleazy.

- Razor88

How did you watch it (dvd or something else)?

gag 1st December 2012 08:41 AM

Can't remember title of this but I'm sure someone will,
It's about a hr long and involves I think 2 Japanese women talking about past or about a bloke they both fancy etc then start to get annoyed end up fighting and just knocking ten bells out of each other during the whole film,

harryd 1st December 2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 297239)
Can't remember title of this but I'm sure someone will,
It's about a hr long and involves I think 2 Japanese women talking about past or about a bloke they both fancy etc then start to get annoyed end up fighting and just knocking ten bells out of each other during the whole film,

hahahaha sounds excellent!

gag 1st December 2012 10:04 AM

I might have it on downloaded which I know I shouldn't ill try and see if I can remember name or find it for you,

gag 1st December 2012 10:13 AM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/2ldk-DVD-Reg...4360270&sr=1-3

2ldk

Used Future 1st December 2012 12:46 PM

Zero Woman: Red Handcuffs
Bohachi Bushido: Code Of The Forgotten Eight
Female Prisoner Scorpion series (original three films only)
Sex and Fury
Girl Boss and Delinquent Girl Boss series
Rica series
School Of The Holy Beast

The first two Sister Street Fighter films are also excellent, though not strictly Pinky.

I also highly recommend Female Demon Ohyaku as the first and best of the Legends Of The Poisonous Seductress series. These are more Chanbara style and this first one is in black and white with less nudity, just bags of style and violence. A must see.

kevxxx1 1st December 2012 01:49 PM

Used Future - you have great taste!

I would add:

Assault: Jack The Ripper
Criminal Woman: Killing Melody
Nami
Terrifying Girl's High School: Lynch Law Classroom

Used Future 1st December 2012 01:59 PM

I have the Panik House Pinky Violence collection with Criminal Woman: Killing Melody, and Terrifying Girl's High School: Lynch Law Classroom included.

The other two are new ones on me so will have to investigate.

kevxxx1 1st December 2012 02:12 PM

Not Pinky Violence but I would also recommend:

Demon Spies
Never Give Up
Shadow Hunters
Village of Eight Gravestones
Violent Streets

Well worth seeking out!

ReturnToZero 2nd December 2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Used Future (Post 297331)
Female Prisoner Scorpion series (original three films only)

I would also count the fourth one (Grudge Song) as part of the "original" series.

If you like Meiko Kaji and have seen Lady Snowblood and Female Prisoner Scorpion i would also recommend Wandering Ginza Butterfly and Wandering Ginza Butterfly: She Cat Gambler which are enjoyable.

This thread made me wanna re-watch my PV and yakuza collection again :)

Used Future 2nd December 2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 297674)
I would also count the fourth one (Grudge Song) as part of the "original" series.

Yep, I have the first four films but don't think Grudge Song is very good (apart from the gallows scene) hence my recommendation.

Of the others mentioned I have Demon Spies, and the Lady Snowblood films as well as Blind Woman's Curse, but wouldn't really recommend them above what I originally mentioned.

Frankie Teardrop 4th December 2012 09:26 PM

ZOOM IN - SEX APARTMENTS.

harryd 11th December 2012 04:22 PM

Yeah I absolutely love the Snowblood films, also got the Mikogami trilogy from Animeigo a few years back, absolutely brilliant!