All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd September 2011, 07:37 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
It was released by ILC, who had an agreement with MGM to release certain titles. They also released: EMPIRE OF THE ANTS, GALAXY OF TERROR, MOTEL HELL, THE VAMPIRE LOVERS and a few more which I can't remember at the moment.
They released I'M GONNA GIT YOU SUCKA (1988) which I picked up on thursday for a quid from CEX.A nice spoof of the Blaxploitation genre (Along with Black Dynamite) which spoofs everything from Shaft to Abby.
Old 2nd September 2011, 08:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm Gonna Git You Sucka and Black Dynamite make a cracking double bill.

It's nearly as good as Don't Be A Menace To South Central Whilst Drinking Juice In The Hood and CB4

I THREW THAT SHIT BEFORE I WALKED IN THE ROOM!
Old 2nd September 2011, 08:53 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Your right yeah. Damn that tune is catchy!
"Across 110th Street,
Pimps trying to catch a woman that's weak
Across 110th Street,
Pushers won't let the junkie go free.
Across 110th Street,
Woman trying to catch a trick on the street.
Across 110th Street,
You can find it all in the street.
"
Saw the film quite recently - I was a little surprised that the title track wasn't the same version I know and love from Jackie Brown - thought it was quite a poor version to be honest, with a much weaker vocal . . .
Old 2nd September 2011, 08:57 AM
Cult Acolyte

I saw Mandingo a few weeks back - that's an odd one! It's got the veneer of a respectable 'Hollywood epic', a worthy film about slavery starring James Mason - but then you've got a load of full-on exploitation stuff, including a brutal fight scene with a bare teeth throat ripping! worth a watch . . .
g053584398 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 2nd September 2011, 09:15 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
I saw Mandingo a few weeks back - that's an odd one! It's got the veneer of a respectable 'Hollywood epic', a worthy film about slavery starring James Mason - but then you've got a load of full-on exploitation stuff, including a brutal fight scene with a bare teeth throat ripping! worth a watch . . .
My Nan was a massive fan of "Mandingo", "Drum" and all the other slave exploitation films. She also had a huge collection of similar themed books! Naughty Nan.
g053584398 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 10th September 2011, 08:41 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
They released I'M GONNA GIT YOU SUCKA. A nice spoof of the Blaxploitation genre which spoofs everything from Shaft to Abby.
I used to own ILC Prime's release of the above until the widescreen R1 DVD arrived.

I Like the film too and watch out for a young Chris Rock rubbing Issac Hayes up the wrong way. The latter's fake Kung Fu moment also merits a laugh.

You gotta love the scene where former main man Antonio Fargas leaves jail in his '70s pimp attire and is promptly ridiculed off the streets! Also, good guy Jack Spade being reminded of when he was bullied by a family of midgets back at school.

"From the waist down you're mine!"

I believe the Wayans brothers initially wanted Fred 'The Hammer' Williamson to appear in IGGYS and spoof his nickname persona. However, the above Blaxploitation legend was apparently less than impressed with the idea and reportedly flew over to the Wayans production office purely to tear up the film's script in front of the relevant siblings.
Old 10th September 2011, 08:48 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
The new MGM mod dvd will be widescreen.
I think i'll stick with ILC Prime's fullscreen SH DVD since this release is at least an actual DVD and not a modified variant. Generally, i never go for a non-letterboxed edition over a widescreen version but in this case i'll make an exception. I purchased my own British SH copy years ago and it's still sealed!
Old 10th September 2011, 08:54 AM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalm-in-the-morning View Post
New Lines Platinum Region 1 edition of Max Julien's The Mack is about as good as it's going to look.
I snapped up the above title years ago along with Universal's Willie Dynamite and That Man Bolt DVDs. The latter is the only one i've managed to watch so far and the other two remain brand new!
Old 10th September 2011, 08:57 AM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka and Black Dynamite make a cracking double bill.
Damn right and i'm looking forward to seeing BD sooner or later. I own both the R1 and R2 DVDs just waiting to be watched at the right time.
Old 7th January 2018, 03:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I still recommend Hitman, Hell Up In Harlem, The Black Gestapo, Cotton Comes To Harlem, Black Cobra and Friday Foster.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!