Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th May 2012, 07:52 PM
Cult Addict

Anybody seen Singapore Sling or Hot Summer in the City? Two films that positively drip with sleaze.
Old 5th May 2012, 07:55 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Anybody seen Singapore Sling or Hot Summer in the City? Two films that positively drip with sleaze.
I'm a big fan of "Sling" but I've yet to see "Hot Summer in the City".
Old 5th May 2012, 07:55 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Sorry, pals, but I don't think that Death Wish, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Beyond, or Mad Max are exploitation...

In what way are they not exploitation films? Of course they are exploitation films!
Old 5th May 2012, 08:05 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
I've seen Singapore Sling; an erotic, sado-masochistic oddity dripping with psychosis in the trappings of a noir - great film.
Old 5th May 2012, 08:09 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I'm a big fan of "Sling" but I've yet to see "Hot Summer in the City".
All I can say is BE PREPARED when you get to see it. It pulls no punches!
Old 5th May 2012, 08:14 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
All I can say is BE PREPARED when you get to see it. It pulls no punches!
Is it as rough as "The Taming of Rebecca" or similar stuff?
Old 5th May 2012, 09:10 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Is it as rough as "The Taming of Rebecca" or similar stuff?
It goes something like this, girl comes home to find her mother enthusiasticly engaging in a threesome. Shocked, she runs out of the house only to be kidnapped by a gang of African American millitants. She is raped and abused by the various gang members (one of them is either very convincing acted or is actually REALLY mentally handicapped. Very disturbing stuff!) until the leader takes a shine to her and makes her his woman. This causes his ex to try and kill her. Various other hardcore scenarios take place until the film shifts gear for the ending and turns into pure exploitation with a violent and bloody shoot-out with the cops.

It's worth noting that the soundtrack is absolutely superb with a host of '70s hits (the Lovin' Spoonfull's Classic Summer in the City is the highlight IMO) playing throughout. The fact that the songs were used without permission means the film will never get a proper DVD release.

I'm sure you can still get it at the Alpha Blue site. It's different for sure. 
Old 5th May 2012, 09:20 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
It goes something like this, girl comes home to find her mother enthusiasticly engaging in a threesome. Shocked, she runs out of the house only to be kidnapped by a gang of African American millitants. She is raped and abused by the various gang members (one of them is either very convincing acted or is actually REALLY mentally handicapped. Very disturbing stuff!) until the leader takes a shine to her and makes her his woman. This causes his ex to try and kill her. Various other hardcore scenarios take place until the film shifts gear for the ending and turns into pure exploitation with a violent and bloody shoot-out with the cops.

It's worth noting that the soundtrack is absolutely superb with a host of '70s hits (the Lovin' Spoonfull's Classic Summer in the City is the highlight IMO) playing throughout. The fact that the songs were used without permission means the film will never get a proper DVD release.

I'm sure you can still get it at the Alpha Blue site. It's different for sure. 
Sold.
Old 6th May 2012, 09:46 PM
Cult Addict

Here's an intresting tit-bit about HSITC. A friend told me today that it's ment to be Quinten Tarantino's favourite XXX film and he's shown his own print at his film festival. I'll bet that a few of the audience never made it to the end.
Old 13th June 2012, 07:15 PM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via AIM to andgomorra Send a message via Yahoo to andgomorra Send a message via Skype™ to andgomorra

thats easy.... the last 40 minutes of A Serbian Film. if thats not sleaze then Elvis is still alive and rocking the Casbah on Thursday Nights in Seattle!

Like this? Share it using the links below!