All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th July 2011, 11:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
I hope the blu-ray gets a nice slipcase. Got mine ordered from Tesco, not sure what they're like with pre-orders.
I dont think it does but dont quote me on that

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 29th July 2011, 03:29 PM
Cult Rookie

My preorder from Amazon arrived today! The blu ray comes in a slipcase with a sort of embossed effect.
Old 29th July 2011, 03:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Same as the US one then, awesome!
Old 29th July 2011, 04:45 PM
Cultist in Training

Official Announcement

This movie is dreadful, I watched it yesterday and couldn't wait for it to finish. I was at the point of turning it off, I have no idea why this movie is liked so much, maybe it is the Troll 2 effect. So bad it is good. Just my opinion.....for whatever its worth.
Old 29th July 2011, 07:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazon2709 View Post
This movie is dreadful, I watched it yesterday and couldn't wait for it to finish. I was at the point of turning it off, I have no idea why this movie is liked so much, maybe it is the Troll 2 effect. So bad it is good. Just my opinion.....for whatever its worth.
It's so purposely bad that its a work of pure genius in my eyes

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 31st July 2011, 09:22 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

My U.S. HWAS double disc DVD set arrived several days ago and i'll also be up for the U.K. release when the price comes down. God only knows when i'll get the chance to watch my current copy so i can wait until the sales for the British edition. No worries for me.
Old 1st August 2011, 12:03 PM
Cult Rookie

Its alright. Some of its well funny and hits the WTF spots a few times (Santa Claus taking a drive, we pissed ourselves for about 5 seconds)

But it does come across as if its trying to be a cult movie rather than genuinely trying something new. Which in a way makes it a little bit shit.

Haven't films got to earn cult-dom?

People'll do anything to try and make a buck nowadays!
Sam@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 1st August 2011, 12:28 PM
Blogs Moderator

Of course it's trying to be a cult movie, it's made by trash cinema junkies who wanted to put on a show. Having lived with the movie closely for months now because of promo work, I can say with confidence that the people behind the movie aren't cynical and aren't in it to purely make a bundle.

However, if a bunch of friends want to try and better their situation and try and create something cool where they live, outside of the Hollywood system, I think that's admirable and I hope they get minted. Getting paid on your own terms is the dream I think.

As for earning cult-dom, maybe we need a term to describe movies that remix cult cinema for the 21st century. Nu-Cult or Neo-Cult, 21st Century Grindhouse...

Cult happens because a lot of people get really obsessed about something. Hobo has generated that grassroots interest and it doesn't have a hype machine behind it. It kind of grew organically. I think that defines cult movie unless you're actually going to add genre rules to the pot.
antmumford likes this.

Last edited by Sam@Cult Labs; 1st August 2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 1st August 2011, 12:35 PM
Cult Rookie

Well defended, I bow to your reason! In a way it makes me feel like a bit of a twat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam@Cult Labs View Post
As for earning cult-dom, maybe we need a term to describe movies that remix cult cinema for the 21st century. Nu-Cult or Neo-Cult, 21st Century Grindhouse...
Cultsploitation anybody? Irony right there.
Sam@Cult Labs and antmumford like this.
Old 1st August 2011, 12:45 PM
Blogs Moderator

Nail - Head - Hit

Like this? Share it using the links below!