Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st March 2009, 12:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It was Optimum who also own the uk rights to Emanuelle in America.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 21st March 2009, 12:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I have never seen the uncut Caligula the Untold Story (the hardcore version) but I have seen the version that was submitted to them in the 80's (uncut) which they went onto cut by nearly 9m and then rejected for video. This version would pass uncut today. But I doubt they would pass the hardcore version intact, the hardcore scenes would more than likely be removed and the bestialty would definitely go.
Old 21st March 2009, 12:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'd love to see "America" being submitted. It would be fascinating to see what the BBFC make of it today, especially the snuff scenes. I'm not convinced the scenes would be a serious isssue today.
Old 21st March 2009, 12:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I have dvdr of the uncut version and would probbably be cut but it could be argued that if Tino Brass? Caligula can be passed uncut why cant D'Amatos version?

Old 21st March 2009, 12:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The snuff scenes would definitley be edited. Oh i forgot to add the bbfc would cut penetration by banana for EATW.

Old 21st March 2009, 01:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
I have dvdr of the uncut version and would probbably be cut but it could be argued that if Tino Brass? Caligula can be passed uncut why cant D'Amatos version?
The BBFC will pass such scenes in an 18 if they can be exceptionally justified by context and it is not a sex work, because Untold Story will come across to them as being merely a cash-in on the Brass version they maybe less reluctant to pass it. This was the same story with Executions 2 which was cut by them although the first film was uncut. They felt that it was just an exploitative follow up.
Old 23rd March 2009, 02:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I read that article in The Darkside. Very interesting.

Yes it does seem very unlikely now that Optimum will go ahead with a submission of Emanuelle in America after they decided to withdraw their planned release of Confessions. Optimum have accepted cuts to other films so not sure what the problem was here, perhaps after the BBFC informed them of the length of cuts they just didn't think it was worth it. As mentioned though the cuts would have been significantly less than the previous submission in the 80's. Also to me it just seems like a waste of money paying the BBFC the submission fee and then not releasing it anyway.

Shame about "America" as it would have been interesting to see what happened.

Carl Daft & David Gregory (Severin) also say that they would never tolerate any cuts and would appeal to the VAC if necessary regarding forthcoming releases. One must remember that Last House on the Left ended up with more cuts after the 2002 appeal. So it's not always a good thing appealling.

Surprised to read that the BBFC passed My Sweet Satan uncut but the DVD was never released.

Looks like Severin have Beast in Space coming shortly in the UK. Would it pass uncut?
Old 23rd March 2009, 02:49 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NossB View Post
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Realm-...43030832454357
Old 23rd March 2009, 08:50 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Looks like Severin have Beast in Space coming shortly in the UK. Would it pass uncut?
The normal version would, as it's more or less War Of The Planets with nudity. The XXX version wouldn't stand a chance for obvious reasons.

The movie is a curiosity at best, although it does have one of the most every to grace celluloid.
Old 24th March 2009, 07:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NossB View Post
The normal version would, as it's more or less War Of The Planets with nudity. The XXX version wouldn't stand a chance for obvious reasons.
Well something tells me then that Messrs Gregory & Daft are not going to be too pleased when that cuts list appears on their desk.

I think it's good to see somebody challenging the BBFC's decisions though.

Like this? Share it using the links below!